New Ambition

Akira's P.O.V

"Who are you?" I ask rather rudely.

"Shouldn't we be the ones asking you that? You were just drowning in the middle of the ocean!" The green-haired guy complains. "I had to be the one to save you and Luffy! He jumped in the water knowing as well as I do that he can't swim!"

"I didn't ask you to save me, now did I?" I mumble.

"What did you say?!" He was beginning to get angry but cooled off after a while.

"So back to me, who are you?" I repeat firmly.

"Oh, me? I'm Monkey D. Luffy, the man who will become the King of the Pirates!" the boy in the straw hat yells.

"Pirates?" I question, confused. "Pirates don't exist anymore, though. Their era is long gone."

They both look at me with shocked and confused faces.

"... Though being a pirate doesn't sound half bad. I'd like to live in the ocean all day long."

"What are you talking about? Of course pirates exist! You're looking at two of them right now." The green-haired man explains.

I notice we we are in a small town with houses lined up, similar to a neighborhood.

"Yeah, whatever you say." I mutter, losing interest in the conversation. "Where are we, anyways? This doesn't look anything like my city."

"... City?" The green-haired guy repeats. "We're in Nami's village right now."

After a few minutes, I finally notice this fish-like man sitting on an armchair. Wait a minute - a fish-like man? Am I going crazy or....?

Hearing crying noises, I glance over to my right and discover a teenage girl around my age with orange hair crying and sobbing. What is going on?

The boy with the strawhat puts on a serious face and walks over to the girl.

"Nami... We're your friends, I hope you know. Just... Stop hurting yourself when we are able to help." he says, grabbing the kunai she was repeatedly stabbing her shoulder with. Looking closer, I see that she stabbing a tatoo on her shoulder. I wonder why she put that tatoo there in the first place if she didn't want it.

"We may be pirates, but that doesn't mean we won't help you when you need it. That's what friends are for. It's that stupid fish over there that's doing this to your town, right? Wait here, then. I'll kick his ass for you!" He comforts as he removes his strawhat from his head and places it on the girl's head instead.

This must be a dream, I can't find any other explanation. I can't help but wonder, though, what is going on? Who are these strange people?

"Hey, you." The green-haired guy says sharply. I turn my head just a bit, enough to glance at him.

"What?" I ask. What could he possibly want with me? I just want to go back to the beach in my city. I probably already missed the wave I've yearned so long to ride.

"There's only two of us, and a few dozens of those fishmen. It'd be helpful if we had one more person to fight by our side. Do you have any fighting abilities, at all?" He asks seriously.

"It depends who we're fighting." I answer, looking over to the fish guy, who just currently landed a punch on the strawhat boy. He was babbling on how unstoppable and invincible he was.

His voice was so annoying, let alone his laugh. Invincible my ass. Without thinking, I walk over to him and punch him, the force of my punch pushing him underground. I don't know when I could've possibly gained all this strength, but since this was some sort of lucid dream, I'm not going to question it. In fact, I'm just going to enjoy it to the fullest.

Everyone, even the fishmen, look at me shocked.

"What?" I ask. "He was getting on my nerves."

"H.. How dare you lay even a finger on the great Arlong!" A group of fishmen yell after recovering from their shock. They run over to me and try to fight me all at once.

Zoro's P.O.V

They all go at her with all of their strength. I can't say I could see anything, but I know that something blew up.

"Well, it looks like she's gone for good." I tell Luffy, as if I was expecting this. What good could this girl do? She didn't look all that strong.

"Don't be so sure." Someone says.

Luffy and I scream at the sudden appearance of the same girl we took for dead.

"Y-You? Didn't you get blown to bits?!" I yell.

"I guess not. Anyways, since you guys are saying that pirates and real and there's such thing called 'King of the Pirates', I suppose I'd like to be... Queen of the Pirates." She says, a grin on her face.

"Queen of the Pirates?!" Luffy and I yell in shock.