Easy Come, Easy Go

April 19th, 2013 

That was when I first knew of your existence. You dressed up as a famous Hollywood character and caught everyone's eyes. I looked at you, trying to look through the paint on your face, wondering if I have ever seen you around in college before. You won the best Hollywood costume, something to go with the theme for the night. 

The same night, I added you on Facebook after seeing many of my classmates adding you. I did not even know that it was you I added until I see your profile picture ¨C a picture of you on the day's event. 

April 20th, 2013 

You accepted my friend request. I think it was today that I messaged you for the first time.  

April 21st, 2013 

I met you at Tanjung Balau today, and recognized you. You asked me what you should call me, and I told you my name. You decided to call me Yuki. It was here that we spoke to each other for the first time, not on Facebook. A friend told me that you were a good stalker. I argued, asking if he meant that I was a bad stalker. You smiled, and went about your business with your classmate. 

April 23rd, 2013 

I can't really remember anymore, but I believe that you asked me to play a game with you on the 23rd April. I agreed, excited to go along with games. Just then, I have decided that you are an interesting person and I hoped to get along with you. The game that we were playing? I was to do something simple that you ask me to. Wear something red one day, something black the other with my hair tied up in a ponytail, and maybe a half-tied ponytail the next day. 

I was kind of scared yet excited at first. It was fun, yet somehow it feels as if such a game is not normal. You were happy; you said that your ex did not play the game with you. I felt special when you said that no one agreed to play with you before. 

Mako, a close friend of yours; she accepted my friend request today. 

April 24th, 2013 

You asked me if I wanted to join you for dinner after you send your little brother for tuition. I agreed. You arrived barely 5 minutes after I did, maybe around 8.10pm. You were to stay until about 10pm, and we talked about our families, our ambitions, our studies, and the game we played.  

You said that there would be an emergency code, 'Red tie' that I would use if I refuse to do something you say. Whichever instructions of yours that I choose to obey are at my own consequences, but you would not force me to do something I do not want to. 

You showed me the ropes you have at the front pocket of your bag. I did not know how to feel seeing them. I was curious, scared, excited and keen all at the same time. The feeling was exhilarating. I went back that night thinking of you.  

April 25th, 2013 

I noted that I barely even knew you. It was not even one week yet. I have, however, had a crush on you. A small fluttering feeling in my heart, waiting to grow into a feeling much more intense. I knew that it was wrong to like you; that the game we were playing was not healthy, as simple and normal it seems. But I chose to play along; I did not want to stop. 

Some when in the week following this day, you texted me when you saw me wearing red and sitting at the center of the assembly hall where the others hang out as well. "Bonus points for the ponytail", you said in the text message. I quickly looked upwards to see if you were at the left or right wing of the hall, but you were not there. 

The feeling of being observed without knowing it¡­ It made my heart beat fast. What is this strange feeling? 

May 13th, 2013