Trust Issues (Chapter 39)

JEROME POV:

I was going through Instagram and my thumb abruptly stopped scrolling when a video of Mookie popped up on my timeline. I wouldn't have been bothered by it but Tray is the one that posted it. I was only following this nigga because we were cool once upon a time and it would be a bitch move to unfollow him in my opinion.

I pressed the video to make it play and turned my volume up. When I See You by Fantasia was playing. Her skin had a natural glow and she had a big grin on her face. I couldn't even lie, she looked so carefree, like she was truly happy and enjoying herself.

I put your picture on my mirror. Start to blush when somebody says your name. In my stomach there's a pain. See you walk in my direction, I go the other way. I start to stutter when I speak. Try to stand but my knees go weak. What's happening to me? Anybody can you tell me what it means? I lay my head on my pillow, staring out the window. Wish on a star for a sign. Is this the reason why?

She swayed side to side as she mouthed the lyrics to the song with a blush on her cheeks and her dimples popping. I've never seen this girl grin so damn hard in my life. Her smile actually made me smile, because she literally looked so happy.

You're always on my mind. When you come around, I get shy. When I see you, when I see you. Never know when you might walk by, so I gotta be right on time. When I see you, when I see you

She sang loudly, making me chuckle. My face immediately scrunched up when Tray's ugly ass face came into the screen. I almost threw my phone when he came up behind her and kissed her neck, making her blush even harder.

I scribble X's and O's in my notebook. Checking how my hair and nails look, I feel myself in the zone. I get nervous when you call, so I say I'm not home. I see your face when I hear my favorite song. Should I send a email at home? You're the number one topic on the phone. I wonder if you know or do you have a clue? I lay my head on my pillow, you got me staring out the window. Wish on a star for a sign. What's the reason why?

Once he walked off, she went back to singing the song. In the background, you could hear keys jingling and she quickly turned her head to look at him. "Where you think you 'bout to go?" She asked him with an attitude. She was so loud you could hear her over the music.

"Chill." He chuckled before kissing her lips. I was trying to figure out where this nigga was about to go when he was clearly on house arrest. And what keys did he have, to what car? His was sitting in a junk yard and I knew she wasn't about to let him drive her car with a suspended license.

"Move Trayveon. Stop playing with me." She replied simply, making him smack his lips.

"You don't run nothing lil girl, shut up." I heard him say before I heard a smack and then the video ended. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Mookie went upside that nigga's head and smacked him. I would've actually liked the video if Tray's ugly ass wouldn't have been in the background. He was being extra for no damn reason.

Her lil ass swear she run me 😂 shawty really be testing my gangsta

After reading the caption and watching the video six times, I finally locked my phone and put it in my pocket. "What's wrong with you, Daddy? You 'bout to cry?" I heard Aaliyah ask me. We were at my Mama's house, waiting on her to hurry up and finish getting dressed so I could take her out for dinner.