Im No Stranger To The Rain

I tried to keep my eyes open as I drove down the semi-familiar roads. I decided to visit some old friends, no big deal. Just going to catch up, which pretty much means they talk about how great their life is and how happy they are. While all I can say is I'm writing a new story that will probably not make it big.

I missed high school where you didn't notice how much life sucks after those four years. Even though you think it does within those four years. In actual life it doesn't, just at that moment does. The main people I was going to visit were Tory, Jeff, Mel, David. I knew I would probably recognize people, but I didn't really care. I was going to be home from college for three weeks.

I rang the doorbell several times before someone answered. "Emily!" I was embraced by a hug. It was from Jeff, I was going to stay at his apartment for the three weeks. Throughout high school, or before he graduated. He's three years older than me. Everyone thought we were going out, but we weren't.

We're just really close friends.  

Nothing more.

"Ahhhh, I missed you so much" Jeff screamed in a high squeaky voice. "I missed you too" I preceded to give him another hug. "Well, you can stay in the guest room. It's not that big. But you don't care because you just love me that much" he had taken the suitcase out of my hand and lead me to the guest room.

It was very small but nice at the same time. I didn't mind how big the room was just that it had a bed.

"I'm going to go to bed because you woke me up you whore" Jeff gave me the funny glare then continued to finish his sentence. "But I'll cya in the morning" I nodded and gave him another hug. We're huggable people.

When Jeff left the room I could hear him walk down the hallway and into his room the T.V. playing in the background. I opened up my one and only suitcase I brought and started to put my clothes in the drawers and closet. I didn't feel like changing my clothes I just flopped down on the bed and let my mind shut down for the night.

As if it's ever on anymore

"Emily..Emily.Slut muffin get up!" Jeff was lying next to me trying to wake me up. He didn't sleep in the same bed as me so for the people reading, don't think things. I opened my eyes. "What" I said smacking him on his arm lightly. "I'm suing you for physical violence" I giggled at that comment. "What do you need?" I asked in a calm voice. "I don't know I just wanted you to get up" he got up out of my bed and walked out of the room. I followed him out of the room and into the kitchen.

I snooped through the refrigerator and there was only fruit juice, caramel frapachinos from Starbucks, and Buffalo wings. I decided to just stop by Burger King and get some of those mini cinnamon buns.

I went through the drive thru and got a ton of food, because I'm a pig and just for left-overs. The total was $8.56 I personally think that's a lot of money for 3 cinnamon bun orders and a coffee. But I don't charge it I just reluctantly pay the business for their saturated grease food.

On the drive home I passed the high school. Just the sight of it reminded me of everything. I remember standing in the halls before the bell rang for first period in the morning and passing around a coffee cup, and getting mad at whoever drank it all. At lunch when we would all pitch in and buy a ton of tater-tots. Running around the halls screaming like parrots. My eyes started to water because I remembered Brian.

I cared for him once

Mostly because of Hannah she would make Brian feel like shit for making her upset. My heart sank to the nasty and disgusting car floor. I couldn't believe I fell for his lies and filth. I held back the tears; I wouldn't let myself cry over it. I started to sip the coffee as I drove. Coffee makes everything better. Just like saying Billy solves any problem.