Hullabaloo

Slamming the door behind me, I dropped my backpack at the bottom of the stairs before stomping into the kitchen. Grabbing the peanut butter out of the cupboard, I snatched a spoon from the drawer and scooped a large glob into my mouth. Sighing in content, I let my anger go relishing in the peanuty goodness.

Joe had a hop to his step as he walked into the room. "Hey Cee...hitting the PB I see," He said pointing to the jar in my hand and cocking a brow. "Bad day?"

Growling in his direction, I scooped another spoonful into my mouth. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Ho'kay." Joe nodded before pulling a pot out of the cupboard and placing it on the stove. "Kev, Dani, and the girls are coming over for dinner tonight."

Twirling my finger in the air, I continued to eat my peanut butter in silence. "Yippee, family dinner."

"You love family dinners." Joe looked at me concerned. "Talk to me. What's going on?"

I raised my eyes to look at him. "It was just a tough day at school, and I'm not really in the mood for company."

"Are you still sick?" Joe asked, immediately putting a wrist to my forehead.

Pushing away his hand, I rolled my eyes before spooning another large glob into my mouth. "I'm fine. I just had a bad day...now if you will excuse me, I have a ton of homework to do."

Hopping off the stool, I headed out of the kitchen, stopping to grab my backpack before heading upstairs. I pushed open my door and kicked it closed behind me before face planting into my bed and letting out a frustrated scream.

I propped open my copy of "The Bell Jar" the novel Joe assigned us to start reading. I had already read the book too many times to count which made this assignment a piece of cake.

"I felt very still and very empty, the way the eye of a tornado must feel, moving dully along in the middle of the surrounding hullabaloo." Well shit, that quote fits my life perfectly.

The knocking at my door caused me to pull myself away from the book. "Yes?"

Maddie and Ellie poked their heads around my door before squealing loudly. "Cece! Cece!" I grinned before they flew into my arms and successfully leveled me on the bed. "We've missed you."

"Hey munchkins, I've missed you too." I gave each of them a hug before sitting up in my bed. "Is dinner ready yet?"

They both shrugged before looking over at me. "Daddy was asking questions about you. Mommy sent us up here so they could have a grown up talk."

Awesome, there is nothing I love more than when the grownups talk about me, its my favorite. "What exactly were they talking about?"

Maddie grinned widely. "Uncle Joe was asking about you at school. He said something about an attitude problem." She shrugged her shoulders.

"How about we head downstairs and interrupt the grown up talk?" I suggested giving the girls a grin, they both giggled, shaking their heads as they each took a hand and pulled my from my bed.

"Hi Cee. How's it going?" Dani asked pulling me into a quick hug as we cleared the stairs before pulling back to look me over. I shrugged. "What happened and who do I have to beat?" She asked giving me the parental look of protection.

Shaking my head, I sighed looking at my sister-in-law. "You don't have to beat anyone. It's just been a rough day."

"You were awfully quiet in my class today." Kevin piped up joining mine and his wife's conversation. "Did Matt do something?"

"Matt doesn't have anything to do with this. I'm fine." I said before walking into the kitchen only to find Nick and Cat in almost the same embrace as this morning...at least this time Cat had pants. "Oh God, get a room... preferably not this one." I sneered before walking out to join the others in the living room. Sighing, I threw myself into the couch before curling my feet up under me.

"Seriously, what's wrong Cee?" Dani asked taking a seat beside me on the couch and giving me a side hug. I let out a frustrated growl and sighed as Nick and Cat joined us in the living room.

"She is ticked off at me because I picked her for the debate this morning," Nick stated simply.

Nodding, I glared at him. "You know I HATE public speaking and yet you pick me and that new kid Josh to debate in front of everyone."

"And you did really well!" Nick retorted.

"That's not the point! There are 21 other kids in class to choose from but you get some sick pleasure out of picking on me." I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as he smirked. "It's not funny NICHOLAS, you couldn't have chosen a more appropriate debate topic? I mean was there any reason other than to humiliate me that you chose corporal punishment?"

"It was a good topic, how was I supposed to know the kid would bring up spanking in a sexual way?" Nick questioned defensively.

"Wait...WHAT?" Kevin, Dani, and Joe's voices cried out in unison.

"Do you know how many boys asked me today if I would like to be spanked? Or did you even consider the fact that your little vindictive venture would affect me OUTSIDE of your class?" I spat growing more irritated with Nick by the second.

"Wait...who asked you if you would like to be spanked, what are their names," Joe questioned, "I'd like to ask them the same thing." I rolled my eyes dismissing Joe's comment.

"Just forget it," I said standing from the couch and running upstairs slamming my bedroom door behind me.

Chapter End Notes:

Chilton is currently ranked #4 in the other category and #10 in fanfiction!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!! Keep reading and voting! XOXO