Chapter - 18

The second we got to the apartment, Bryson unlocked the door and stormed in. I knew he was angered by Quence, the mall cop, and what he did to me. Hence the reason why I did not say a single word to him in the car as he drive us home. Part of me considered my silence was a really bad idea because I knew no one should simmer in their anger, but I didn’t know what to say to him.

I thought about talking about random things in hopes of taking his mind off Quence. Yet, every time I opened my mouth, I became deathly afraid that anything I would say would somehow related or trackback to Quence. Also, I realized it would all be in vain for at the end of it all he was still going to be angry.

I closed the front door and turned around just in time to see Bryson’s tall figure stalk into the kitchen. It was then that I concluded that he was going in there to get something to drink or even eat. Yet, the latter seemed unlikely since we just ate at the mall ... but you never know.

As I walked to the couch, I could feel every fiber of my being pleading for me to stop walking because I was in so much pain. My left hand was throbbing, my back was already sore and I just felt like I have been put through the ringer. However, no matter how much my body begged for me to just stop walking and sit right where I stood, I kept up my slowly and steady steps to the couch.

When I finally reached the couch, I sat down as gradually as I could. The moment I was finally settled in the warm cushions on the couch, I sighed in relief.

“Here,” Bryson said as he handed me a bag of frozen English Peas.

I lifted my left hand to grab it but winced when I felt a sharp pang in my hand. Realizing that was not the right choice of arms, I sat my left hand back down in my lap and reached for the bag with my other hand but Bryson stopped me.

Sitting down to the left of me on the couch, he placed the bag on top of my fingers. “Do think any of them are broken?” He grittily asked.

“I think my index finger might be or at least I thought that at first. However, I’m not sure now. Guess tomorrow I will find out...” I trailed off.

Bryson leaned back on the couch and gave a loud sigh. “Mark my words by tomorrow that guy will be fired,” Bryson stated with anger swirling in his green eyes.

For some reason I found myself leaning towards Bryson. Placing my head on his shoulder, I gave him a side hug with my right hand. “Thank you, Bryson. I don’t know what would have happened if you had shown up a minute later.”

I felt Bryson remove his hand from his side and I was about to move away but I felt his right hand snake around my neck and hang over my shoulder. Keeping me close to him Bryson rested his chin on the top of my head. “Elle, no need to thank me. That jackass deserved what I did to him and so much more...”

****

“Bryson,” I spoke in a soft tone as I poked his warm, slight red cheek.

Moaning, Bryson tightened the arm he had around my waist and fell back into allowing light snores to escape is parted pink lips.

It was morning and sun rays were pouring in through the cracks of the black curtains of the living room window.  But I wasn’t paying much heed to that. I was focused on the peaceful looking man before me.

As of that moment we were laying down on the beige couch. There wasn’t any room in between us, but that was needed for both of us to stay on the couch. However, I wasn’t complaining much. I liked being the close to Bryson and feeling the warmth that was radiating off of him. Yet, as much as I enjoyed the position I was in I had to go pee really bad and he was blocking me from leaving this couch.

“Bryson,” I whispered once more.

“Go back to sleep,” he mumbled and nuzzled his face in the couch cushion.

Giving a light chuckle, I rolled my brown eyes. “If you don’t get up, I’m gonna scream.” The room collapsed in silence and I knew if I didn’t get up soon I was going to pee my pants, literally. “I love monkeys!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. “I love peanut butter on apples! The moon is my favorite planet! I have a fear of earthquakes-”

Bryson quickly removed his arm from my waist and clamped his hand down over my mouth. “For the love of Fruit Loops, shut up.” He groggily stated.

In the corner of my eye I saw him slowly start to fully open his eyes. Sticking out my tongue, I licked the palm of his hand that was directly over my mouth.

Bryson’s hand jerked away from my mouth as he rubbed his palm on his jeans. “What the hell was that for?”

Giving a giggle, I smiled. “That was for you placing your hand over my mouth and also a small price for not waking up the first time I asked you too. Now move,” I demanded as I gave him a light push.

Of course he didn’t budge and looked at me like a complete idiot. “Elle, it is going to take a lot more than that to-”

In the midst of his sentence I caught him off guard and with the hardest push I could muster, I was able to push him off the couch.

“Ouch! Elle that-”

I didn’t listen to the rest of his sentence because I was off the couch in mere milliseconds and racing to the bathroom.

<><><><><><>

 A/N:

I would seriously like to know. Do y'all prefer:

A.) Short chapters ( 1 - 2 pages ) and update every 1 - 3 days

OR

B.) Long chapters ( 3 - 5 pages ) and update every 5 - 7 days?