First Encounter

“Alison? Can I speak to you? ”

Alison was just about to leave the class when the the Terror (the new nickname which everyone gave him) called out to her. She paused, wondering if she had done anything wrong.

“What does he want?” she murmured.

“Don’t know, it can’t be anything good,” Angela mumbled. She was utterly thrown off by the Terror’s behaviour and she was finally convinced that Terror’s good looks weren’t enough to make up for all those loopholes in his personality.

“Imagine going out a date with him. He would probably lecture you on something. Not my ideal type.”

That was what Angela had said and Alex fervently agreed with her- even though Edward Kingston was technically his blood brother.

“We’ll meet you in Spanish.” Angela nudged her and she left. Reluctantly, Alison turned her body towards the Terror and avoided looking at his blue eyes which seemed to mesmerize her all the time.

“Yesss, Mr Kingston?” Alison drew her words out. She was tired or weary and she only had one last period left before she had the chance to go home. And while she appreciated the importance of staying back and talking to the teacher, she kept eyeing the door and suppressing the desire to bolt out immediately.

“You’re the new transfer student, am I right? The one who moved in next door to my family? ” His face was emotionless now and Alison was suspicious. Why was he asking all these now?

“I expect someone of your calibre would figure that out a long time ago. I’m friends with your brother, Alex,” she said, not bothering to be polite at all. She figured that the only way to deal with such people was to do it through the rude way. The unpleasant thought came to her that she was suddenly becoming less Japanese than she had liked to and more American.

“And so it seems. You seem mature for your age, Alison.”

“Did you ask me to stay back to talk all these?” Alison frowned. This was a complete waste of time and she turned to go.

“No, wait!” He grabbed her arm and she took a step back, as if she was jolted by electricity. Edward Kingston quickly withdrew his hand and his gaze softened, “I just hope that you would enjoy your experience here.”

“I would enjoy it if you would let me to, Mr Kingston! ” Alison huffed and barged out of the classroom.

Who did he think he was? Just because he was Mr Kingston’s son and a senior didn’t meant that he could use his authority to boss everyone around. It was just a shame that he was bestowed with such good looks. Life wasn’t fair after all.

Then again, since when was life fair? She had wanted to opt for Japanese as a 2nd language but they didn’t offer that as a core. Now, she was forced to take up Spanish, a language she had no remote contact with previously. How was she supposed to catch up?

Whether she wanted to or not, she was just going to blame Edward Kingston for all the bad things today and although she felt the tiniest bit guilty, pleasure swelled within her.

He deserved it after all.

He was a jerk.
He’s such a disgusting, foul, irrit-

Alison stopped. She took a quick look at the place card on the classroom door and feeling slightly puzzled, she stuck her head in to check if this was her class. Angela had saved her a seat and she was trying to catch my attention.But… but…

“Miss Goodall? You may come in.” An all-too-familiar voice sounded out.

For the second time in the day.