You Are My Hope

-The next day-

     I went into the living room and everyone was already there. I don't know what to think, do they want me out already? I started to walk a little slower. Then I stopped before they saw me.

      Shawn- Trace, what is wrong with you and Raven?

      Trace- Nothing, I just don't want to get to know her.

      Shawn- Why? She seems like a great kid.

      Trace- I don't like her being here. She's just someone I don't want around.

     John- She's my niece, I want her around. I'm the only family that she has. Plus I haven't seen her in 50 years. I'm not going to put her out on the streets. It's not an option.

       Trace- I don't care, I don't want her here.

       John- Will then we aren't together anymore. She's my family and she's staying.

       Wow, I can't believe my uncle stood up for me like that.

       Trace- I can't believe that you talked like that to me.

      John- It's because you don't want to get to know her or know what she has been through. She has tried to get to know you and you don't care.

        Trace- And....?

        John- She has had our family members kick her out of their homes because they were like you. Plus she's like us, she doesn't need this kind of treatment.

        Trace- I didn't know that, but I'm still going to have my guard up for a while.

         John- That's fine.

        Wow never thought that would happen. My uncle really does love me if he is doing that and to his own wife, they have been together most of this time. I understand that she barely knows me and doesn't want to share the time with my uncle with me, but it is family after all and the 3 of us can spend time together too. I love them like crazy, but we need to find some kind of compromise here though.

      I finally walked into the living room. Shawn and John were both smiling like they know something was up, but I went along with it. Aunt Trace was a little calmer around me, but not much.

          Me- So what do you guys do around here to start the day?

          Shawn- Well, you have to go to school here now.

          Me- Again? Haven't I been through that once already?

          Shawn- Everyone had to do it, now you have too.

           Me- Okay, as long as I can wear my band t-shirts to school.

           Shawn- Deal.

          I shook his hand and got ready. Man, I thought that I was done with that place. But if I have go to school here, that means that I'm going to be staying here for more then a week or a month.I'm glad that they are actually giving me a shot to prove myself and I'm not going to blow it no matter what.

          I went and got ready to go to school. I have to get used to doing this. I hope that this works out okay. I got my computer and messenger bag and walked back into the living room.

           Me- Well I'm ready.

           Shawn- Okay let's go.

           Wow I thought that my uncle would take me, but I don't mind Shawn taking me though.

           I gave John a hug and went out the door. This is going to be interesting, to say the least.