My attention was back on the phone, as I admitted she was right. "It's still going to be hard." I sighed. "Of course it is, but when is anything ever easy?" Her question, once again, left me admitting my defeat. I laughed, startling myself in the process. "Why do you always have to be right?" I said, a smile reaching my lips. "Because I'm awesome - and don't you forget it!" India made it sound like it was obvious, the hint of sarcasm in her voice questioning why I'd even had to ask. Now a proper smile had appeared.

It was short lived though, as just then, I heard a car door open and close, followed shortly by footsteps up the path outside my window. My heart fell back to the floor. "That's him." My voice was no more than a whisper . "Go on, you'll be fine." Although I couldn't see her, I knew she was smiling. "Thanks, I needed that." I said, and I really did mean it. Normally I would have rung Erica, but India understands, she's almost in the same place. "No problem, what are friends for? Now stop stalling and go answer the door!" She replied, laughing. I joined the laughter and muttered 'bye', as the door bell rang.

I tucked my phone into my pocket, grabbed my keys, and ran through my bedroom door. My dark blue jacket was still hanging up on the bed post when I closed the door. "Callie, door!" Fleur yelled from the living room. She had a loud voice for a four year old. I kissed he on the forehead, as she played with her doll house. "You look pretty, sis," her little voicemade the phrase sound even cuter. "Thank you!" I said beaming. She was good at that - cheering me up. She always has been. "Be good for mum, love you," I was already continuing on my way to the door. Knowing Fleur, she was probably rolling her eyes at me.  I heard her tiny little voice yelling behind me "I will,". She was too cute for her own good. She was going to be fighting off the boys with a stick when she's older, I'm sure of it.

I opened the door to see a relieved looking Chase. "I thought you weren't going to answer then," I rolled my eyes (Probably where Fleur got that from), and kissed him. "Of course I answered," I said. His breath was tickling my cheek. A massive grin spread across his face. "Let's go," He pulled away, only to be ambushed by my sister. "Chase!" She screamed, running into his outstreched arms, after he had crouched down to her level. He lifted her above his head and spun her round, she was giggling the whole time. Fleur always asked him to dance with her, she said she wanted to be just like me when she was older - a dancer. Chase brought her down and held her at his hip. The two of them brought a tear to my eye.

"Come on Fleur, leave the poor boy alone." Mum laughed gently, the first time since yesterdays bad news. She came and stood in the doorway. She placed my jacket in my hand. I'd almost forgotten that. "You two be careful." She was worrying, as usual.It was Chase who then replied confidently, "We will, Mrs Brooks,". My mum smiled, and took Fleur inside, shutting the door behind her after waving goodbye. Me and Chase began walking down the path, hand in hand.

Now that we were alone, I took in what he was wearing. He was in sandy coloured jeans, matched with dark blue converse and jacket. His white T-shirt was slightly loose fitted. Chase's messy brown hair made him look boyish and cute (matching his cheeky grin), although his chocolate brown eyes gave him a serious look , making him appear more grown up than he actually was, when he wanted too.

He deserved way better than this. He didn't deserve what I was about to put him through. Not ever.

The walk to the park was mainly in silence. Not an awkward silence, but instead a nice comfortable silence. What little talk there was was about the small things, like the weather or school. We eventually reached the stone cold gates of the park. I reached out with my free hand, shivering when my hand came into contact with the metal.Instead of choosing one of the many benches spread over the park, we took our usual place on the edge of the fountain. The fountain was massive. It was sat in the centre, watching over the rest of the park as people came and left.