Chapter 01

**EDITED**

My father had once told me, if I haven't found a mate within a year, that I wouldn't become the Luna of my pack.

A mate is your soulmate that you should love and cherish. A mate is someone that should complete you. Someone that stands by your side through the good and through the bad. This person makes every part of you better. They complete you as a whole, instead of you just being a half.

There is a Luna and Alpha to every pack of wolves. The Alpha is superior with his mate by his side. (So you should understand why my father had said this to me.) I would be even stronger than I am now. An Alpha is normally male, but then, here I am. I am the Alpha of my pack. I am the only female Alpha in the world. One who doesn't even have a mate to call hers.

The Moon goddess may be compared to a god. She is the god of the supernatural world, whom decides everyone's fate. She is in control of life for a supernatural being.

But those are the words my father had said. Those words stuck with me through the thick and through the thin of my career. The thought of having my other half completed me; the thought of my mate made my heart race. Now, you may be thinking about how cruel that whole sentence is, right? And I should be agreeing with you.

But I'm not.

I exceeded the limit of excitement for the finding of my mate. I wouldn't care if he was human, or even a werewolf. I wanted him by my side; I looked forward to the sparks that would run through my body on contact, I look forward to the lust and the way my body and soul would be his. I look forward to loving someone, and for them to be mine. I wanted him to keep me company, to hold me at night, to tell me stories, but I also want him to love me like I'll love him the minute I set eyes on him.

**

I was currently organizing my desk when a loud bang erupted through my small, modern office.

"Belle?" A question erupted through the silence that followed after the bang. As she stopped to look at me, a sigh followed.

"Belle, you gotta get out of this house," Sarah, my best friend, had said.

"You've been in your office for four days, Belle. It's time to get out and live you life. You have so many possibilities out there. " Sarah was beautiful, she had dark, brown, wavy hair that shone in the sun. She had bright green eyes that always seemed to gleam with happiness. I could never understand how one could be so happy, but she always accomplished it.

"I am very busy, Sarah. I have much to do with short amount of time. I have to schedule our guards, our fighters. I have work to do with writing for alliances; I have a pack that depends on me for leading them into knowledge and wisdom. " My pack was everything to me, the kind mothers who acknowledged themselves as my mother when my own abandoned me, the kids who love to play and mess with their Alpha, and the men, who always vowed for her attention. The pack gave me air to breathe, although, sometimes, with difficulty.

Alliances were needed with surrounding packs, and throughout all of Europe, in case of an attack. An attack by rouges could be lethal, for all the members - fighters, guards, mothers, children, and even their Alpha and Luna.

Rouges are dangerous. They are crazed with disease, rabies. Their main goal is to prey and hunt. Rouges can be abandoned by many reasons, two of the few being born a runt, and being banned from their previous packs. Being banned from a pack means you are no longer able to lie amongst higher rankings. You abandoned rules that regarded full attention.

"Belle, you've been at it for four days. Don't you want to go outside? Maybe even look for your mate?" Her sympathetic eyes follow my every move, with the curve of my hand, and bend of my neck. My handwriting began to show remorse. The thought of finding my mate made my heart race. The love I have for him already was significant, and my wonders soared.

I sat on a wooden branch, my feet dangling. My long blonde hair was brushed to the side, and a flower rolled between my thumb and index finger. My attention was focused on the rolling stones beneath me, as if it were a game. A giggle spiked my interest, and my head bent down as if inspecting the ground for a little girl. The stones continued to roll, and each giggle made me restless. I grabbed onto the tree, in an attempt to climb down. My feet slipped, and I found myself tumbling to the ground. I landed with a thump, and the air refused to go through my nostrils. I struggled to breathe, but my head lolled to the side to inspect my surrondings. A little girl stood, her hand holding her mouth.

A gasp escaped between her fingertips, "Oh, no!"

My brows furrowed, and I gasped for air. My lungs felt collapsed, as if I couldn't accept air. I heaved myself from the dirty groud, and stood up, my hands gripping my white dress. My long blonde hair tumbled to my back, and my fingers rolled through the waves.

The little girl spoke, "Hello."

"Hello," I whispered. My little hands gripped a rock as I rolled it back to her. My excitement bounced as she giggled.

"I'm Sarah,"

"Sarah.." A litte smile drew on my lips from the flashback, but she only sighed. My fingers were buried in my hair, and my eyes rest closed.

"You have too much responsibility on your little shoulders, Belle. One day, you're going to break into a million different pieces." She studied me as she left the room. Her footsteps were light, but the tension in the air remained.

"God, help me." I whispered as I packed up my paperwork. I set the papers neatly in a brief case and walked calmly out of my office to catch up with Sarah.

"Sarah, stop! I'm sorry." Sarah's breath was coming out in shallow huff's and her face was red with frustration.

She stopped and said softly, "I'm just trying to help, Belle. You don't need to work as much as you do. This pack is amazing and they appreciate anything you give them. Just lay off a few days and have some fun. Find your mate while your at it."

My body softened at the idea of finally having my mate. To finally be able to touch him, to love and cherish.

"Okay."

***

We went to search the next day, only to come up with no clue as to where he could be. My heart thumped heavily, and my walk was slowed. My head wasn't held high with authority, nor were we happy with our findings.

We had walked the whole city, the whole town with no luck. My findings disappointed me. With no clue or luck, I elft without finding my mate.

"I've gone my whole life without him, I could go a few more days," I said, without meaning my words. It was difficult to be mateless. My strength was weakening, and my fight was slow.

As a werewolf is human, you may communicate with your wolf. She controls a variety of your emotions, and heightens your senses.

"I hope so,"

"I'm sorry." She whispered ad she grabbed my hand. Her hand felt clamy and shook with distress. I gave her hand a tight squeeze, although my enthusiasm was low. My smile was persuasive, though my feelings were significantly distressed.

"Thank you Belle." I smiled and nodded at her. I walked into my room and set down my purse. I walked in the bathroom and striped my clothes and immediately hopped into the shower.

I sighed when the water draped over my shoulders and down my stomach, to my legs. The warmth surrounded me and entranced me. Bubbles danced in the air as I continued to rub it down my body, over every curve. My fingertips brushed through the knots and the scent of strawberries reached my nostrils. My eyes closed and I leaned back onto the shower surface. I turned the shower knob and reached out for a robe. I shuffled into my bedroom, and collapsed on the bed.

I was too tired to even change into pajamas.