Hunting Wabbits

Hello my fabulous readers. Guess what happened? I realized that I am an utterly horrible person. I create all these new stories on Wattpad, then forget them a second later because a new story pops up into my brain. Most of my stories have something to do with my latest obsessions, (like Eragon. I swear to god, my love of fictional charicters is unhealthy) and this one was no exception.

But then I saw something that almost made me cry. I was aware of and knew that people commented on this story, but had no idea of how much recent activity it was attracting. XBeautifulDreamerX just commented on it six days ago and seeing her post almost made me cry. No joke. So I plan on working on Painted water more often, so long as you keep commenting and telling me what you think.

Oh yes, and that hottie is Gaspard Ulliel, or Andy in the story. Look him up and drool, becuase thats what I did.

<3, LadyInTown

I would have expected it to be Logan or Devon, maybe even my parents. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was some forest animal that came for a drink, but what I turned to see was much different.

A boy who looked to be a little bit older than myself was standing at the edge of the water staring at me. Creepy, much? He was very attractive, though, so I didn't really mind.

"Erm, hello?" I asked the stranger.

"Oh. Hey." he said, removing his hands from his pockets to do an awkward wave.

I smiled and got out of the water, then bent down to get my towel.

"Do you live around here or something? I don't think I know you..." I trailed off, hoping he would say something.

"Um I don't know. I'm Andrew." he said, sticking his hand out for me to shake. I shook it and smiled.

"I'm Nicole Bailey" I introduced myself.

He stopped and looked at me.

"Nikki?" he asked, looking into my eyes. He had really pretty eyes... deep brown with flecks of gold....

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" I asked, shaking my head to clear it.

"Yeah, I think. 4 years ago you came here on a vacation with you're family. I found you in the woods and we hung out." he said, smiling. That smile. The scar on his left cheek. I know that scar. I practically caused that scar...

"Andy?" I asked hopefully. He grinned and I wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug. His arms found their way around my waist and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Sorry, I'm all wet." I said, backing up.

He laughed and looked down at his shirt which had an outline that looked suspiciously like my body.

"It's okay. So, what brings you around these parts?" he asked me

"Oh, just another family vacation and all. I got in the lake to wash off because..." I was debating on whether or not to tell him about my war with the idiots. Maybe I could recruit him. Yes, thats what I'll do.

"Because....?" he let it trail off.

"Because I was digging out the fort." I explained. Andy was my best friend when I was 14. He was 2 years older than me, but lived in a cabin on the lake with his parents. I suppose he got lonely and desperate and decided to hang out with me.

We created the hideout together.

"The fort? I totally forgot about it! Wow." he smiled.

"Yeah, actually, my brother and his friend are here. You remember Devon, right? Yeah, well we have a war going on." I said, smiling at my cleverness.

"What do you mean 'a war'?" he asked

"Oh, just a small prank war." I smiled, letting every emotion show in my green eyes.

"Nikki, isn't that dangerous? There are two of them, and only one of you."

"Of course not! They're great oafs who barge through the forest like elephants. They don't know how to be quiet, I could have gotten them a few times, but I didn't feel like it." I smirked at the thought of pranking Devon. Sweet revenge.

"Would you like some assistance on this hell-bent mission?" he asked in a charming voice.

"Why, I thought you'd never ask!" I said, silently cheering to myself.

"Well I did. So show me the fort! Maybe we can have lunch there?" he asked tentatively.

"I'd love to!" I smiled, looping my arm in his and leading him to the fort. I explained the importance of not stepping under the dirt trap and he smiled.

"You were always the devious one" he commented quietly. I grinned and we entered our old club house. We relished in memories of old and laughed about different things that happened in four years while enjoying peanut butter jelly sandwiches and juice boxes.

"How did you dig so much in such a short amount of time?" he questioned, glancing into the different rooms.

"Determination" I shrugged.

We talked and planned, pinning papers with different traps on the dirt walls. We came up with so many, and Andy had so many amazing ideas it was astounding.

"Come see my mom again? I'm sure she remembers you." I pleaded

"Okay" he accepted, flashing me a smile. That scar. I nearly melted.

I led the way out of the forest and into the cabin just as the sun was setting, the oranges and reds making a pretty pattern in the sky.

Mom was in the living room watching TV and I could hear dad on the porch swing.

"Hey mom. Do you remember Andy? Andrew Fenty?" I asked. She turned around and smiled.

"Andrew! It's been too long!" she got up and hugged him. Andrew smiled and politely started a conversation with her, asking if she had gone on any trips to New Mexico lately. You have to know one thing: mom loves New Mexico. Score one for Andy.

"You remember after all those years?" she asked, her eyes shining.

"Of course! It was striking how passionate you were about it a few years ago. It still is." he smiled.

Mom turned red and I slapped my hand over my mouth to stop from laughing at her flustered expression. Andy turned to me and winked, but only so I could see.

"Andy, why don't you stay for dinner?" my mom asked. I flushed a little.

" I wouldn't want to intrude." Andy said, still smiling and making the situation easier.

"Oh, I insist!" mom said, taking Andy by the hand and leading him outside where dad had started only minutes earlier.

Andy followed at a leisurely pace, grabbing my hand and adding one more to the parade.

We sat around the fire and waited for the boys to come back from the woods. Devon came out first, closely followed by Logan.

"We accept you're challenge!" he said dramatically, his voice echoing through the surrounding woods.

"Excellent!" I hopped from my seat to shake his hand.

"What challenge?" mom asked, glancing nervously at our intertwined hands.

"We are having a good-natured war." I informed her. Dad snorted.

"You can't have a good natured war. Its war! Making it good natured isn't manly!" he denied, looking sadly at Devon.

Devon thought about it for a moment before turning to me.

"He's right, we back ou-" I interrupted him.

"If you back out I call you a coward for the rest of you're life, and I go on you're facebook to announce you're undying love of mushrooms." I threatened.

"I do not love mushrooms! That was one time and it came out wrong!" Devon yelled, pointing an accusing finger in my direction.

"It still happened!" I shot back.

"God dammit! You are so annoying! Fine, we'll still be in you're little game, but you'll lose! It's one against two!" he said like a five year old.

"Nuh-Uh! I've got Andrew!" I yelled back in an equally mature tone. I grabbed Andy's biceps and pulled him into the fire light.

"You have a really strong grip." Andy said, looking at me. I responded with a sheepish glance and let his arm free.

"Sorry"

"Not a problem" he responded good-naturedly.

Devon was glaring at Andy, and Logan was doing the same.

"Who's he?" Devon asked rudely.

"He just so happens to be an old friend!" I yelled, very embarrassed by my brothers un-thoughtfulness.

"How old is he?" he asked. Was this even about the war any more?

"It's not important!" I shrieked.

"The hell it's not!" he yelled with equal fury. Now I was mad. I just wanted to have a nice dinner with my family and Devon had to go all over-protective brother on me. I mean, what the hell?

"You're just angry because you think I may win now! Don't you dare try saying this is about his age! You have the maturity of a baby monkey and I can't believe you are yelling at me! Just SHUT UP!" I screamed. He became silent and stared at me.

"I'm offended." he said in mock hurt, placing a hand over his heart.

"You shouldn't be" I said.

"I think I'm just gonna go...." Andy said. I didn't blame the kid, my family was insane.

"Sit" I growled. He dropped like a stone on the log behind me and I sat with him. The family laughed and the mood lightened.

We ate dinner with a playful chatter, the fire crackling and the shadows hiding nothing.

I walked into the forest the next morning, breathing in the smell of the morning. Small lines of sunlight fell from the gaps in the leaves above, and birds chirped.

The squish of grass beneath my feet was a comfortable sound, and my hair fell behind my shoulders in curls. I was wearing simple jean shorts and a tank top, nothing fancy, but perfect for setting traps.

The fort looked completely innocent and Andy was already there. We nodded in greeting and collected the supplies from the supply room.

Mission 3: Set 20 traps around the forest for Boys to find.

That was easy enough. Andy took off down the edge of the lake, and I made my way to enemy territory.

I spotted Logan sitting at a small table. They had set up a tent from blankets. I mean, how stupid can you get?

I rolled my eyes and watched for a little while longer. Logan was sitting at the table, staring at his hands. I had noticed, but never payed much attention to it. Logan was very attractive. His raven hair was shiny and soft looking, his blue eyes were caring and warm, but had a glint in them that made me shiver. He was well built, but not giant. Lean, and muscular, even.

His thin lips formed a smile and I found myself wanting to smile. I had always thought of Logan as obnoxious and self centered actor, but maybe he could be something different if he wasn't trying to annoy me.

Was I really thinking thinking this? That Logan Lerman could be potential boyfriend material. No way. I shook my head and moved from my tree limb to the one in the next tree, moving faster and faster until I was at my destination.

Time to plant all those traps.....