Chapter Twenty-Three: Love Sick Puppy

“You look like an absolute idiot,” Jessica oh-so-bluntly pointed out when I entered the school building.

“What?” I asked dumbly.

“You just bumped into the fifth person starting from when we met up at the parking lot and you keep looking dreamily at thin air.”

I blinked once then twice then recalled what she said. My shoulder did felt a little sore so maybe I did bump into a few people. What I’m not aware of is that I was looking dreamily into thin air. Clearly, Drew was the cause of all of this.

After that kiss on his couch on Christmas Day, I had a wonderful lunch with the Everett household with Ariel occasionally sending me teasing looks. For the whole time I was eating, my hands were shaking and I spilled soup all over the place. When I said goodbye, I couldn’t even let out a proper sentence, I kept stuttering like a love sick puppy.

I didn’t get to see him on New Year because his family always leaves for his grandparents’ house to celebrate. He did texted me an extremely long message which basically just said that he wished me a Happy New Year and to just accept what may come, whatever that means.

“Did something happen with Drew?” she asked suspiciously.

“N-no,” I just basically gave it away with the stuttering.

“Oh my gosh!” she squealed, catching the attention of everybody within the area, “Did you two kiss?”

“Jessica!” I shrieked in horror.

“You did!” she covered her mouth in enthusiasm as she pointed at me with glee, “Tell me all about it. Was he a good kisser?”

Before I could even tell her to shut up, another person decided to join us, “Who was a good kisser?”

I froze when I heard Lucas’ voice and I was completely aware that he was just behind me.

“None of your business,” my best friend deadpanned. She grabbed my arm and tugged me to her side then crossed her arms over her chest as if he was challenging Lucas to come near me.

“Then I’ll make it my business, Oliver,” Lucas snorted, shooting daggers at Jessica.

“Just walk away, Smith,” she gritted out.

Okay, I know Jessica hated Lucas to some degree but it was just the start of school after the Holidays and they look like they were about to kill each other. Something clearly happened and I have a feeling it’s something that has to do with Blake. The twins are always seen together walking the halls during the morning. His absence is making me a little suspicious.

“Like what you did with my brother?” Lucas retorted, “He didn’t even go to school today.”

“It wasn’t even my fault!” she defended herself, “Somebody placed something in my drink.”

Now I’m thoroughly confused on what’s happening here.

“What’s going on here?” I asked the both of them. They looked at me as if they were reminded that I have been here the whole time.

“Nothing,” Jessica said at the same time Lucas muttered, “She slept with a college dude in Blake’s room.”

Jessica’s eyes widened with horror when Lucas said those words. I’m pretty sure I was mirroring her actual expression; this was a little too much for me.

“You what?!” I exclaimed.

“I didn’t mean to,” she jumped to defend herself but I only gaped at her.