homemade dynamite

Picture of Aiden's tattoo in 'special chapter' (trailer + official cast...)

Thank you for reading this chapter!

Homemade Dynamite — Lorde
"Blowing shit up with homemade dynamite"

Chapter Two

Carrisa

"Wake up, Carrisa." My mom said as she pulled my curtains wide open and the sun's rays immediately blinded me. I groaned as I pulled the pillow over my face. "You're going to be late."

I sighed as I glanced at the clock. Waking up at eight in the morning on a Saturday had to be the worst thing ever.

"Yeah, I know." I glanced back at my mother whose ear had practically been plastered to the phone as she spoke with dad about payments and credit cards. I quickly dressed, ate a bowl of cereal and headed to the car.

My mother sighed exhausted as she drove me. "Carrisa, you need to start waking up earlier," she complained.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"No, Carrisa. I'm serious." She peeped back at me as her voice rose. "You say you'll do, but you never do it. You're seventeen," Her grip upon the steering wheel tightened. She hated Brendmon's crazy traffic. The town could no longer be considered so, Brendmon was expanding, it was going from a sleepy town to a city. Suddenly all they ever built in Brendmon were skyscrapers. More and more people were coming in, consequently, the cars multiplied too.

Precisely, thanks to the awful traffic, this was the only moment we could talk properly since this was where we mostly spent our time together. Whenever we arrive home we just completely ignored each other's existences, which wasn't necessarily bad since my mom had a peculiar character. But she, being my mom, I guess there was something wrong with that.

I wanted to complain to her about how I didn't wish to go to Brendmon's foolish pie market. But seeing her all tense up, I didn't think it was a good idea. Neither I did wish to inquire in the subject. Her phone ran again, I reached out for it and answer it.

My lips turned into a thin line, "Hey dad." I said dryly.

"Hey, Carrisa. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good, you wanna talk to mom?" I said anxiously. I passed her the call before my mom even knew asked for it.

"What?" She asked dryly, the conversation again quickly leaded to pending bills and overused credit cards. I instinctively reached out for my EarPods and tried to block out any of their words turning the volume of my Spotify playlist to the loudest.

Unfortunately for me, the ride was quite short. Since we lived in the center of Brendmon, we only moved around the center and it took a maximum fifteen minute drive to get anywhere within the radius. Outside, all of my mother's friend awaited. I signed and silently thanked my mom for the ride, but she probably didn't hear me since she was still in the phone.

"Carrisa," Mrs. Ellens greeted me with a smile and I smiled faintly."How good to see you!" She said as the main park, aside from the mayor's office was filled with men putting on stalls and women chatting with their pies in their hands. "Where's your mom?" Her neurotic self peaked through the question. She looked worried, but managed to keep the smile.

Katherine, Mrs. Ellens, looked around for any sign of my mother's presence. Her aurburn hair popped out thanks to her really white, porcelain skin. I glanced down at her outfit, she was wearing a floral skirt and very large earrings of emeralds.