The Depressed Emo

trigger warning

7. The Depressed Emo 

Now, look, I have nothing against emos. In fact, I think this stereotype is insulting to emos out there.

So why is it that more than half of the stories on Wattpad are about suicidal loners who wear black band shirts all the fucking time? But wait, that's not even the problem here. Nuh-uh.

The problem with this stereotype is how it glorifies Depression.

Depression isn't something you take lightly. Especially when it's so damn horrible that it leads you to think that the only way out of it is commiting suicide. Now personally, I've never been Depressed. I've never gotten the urge to contemplate suicide, and for that I am awfully thankful.

But I know - correction: used to know this girl who was Depressed. 

She killed herself.

I was shocked. She always seemed so fucking happy. Then one day she just killed herself.

On Wattpad, stories depict Depression as something cool and edgy. I find this apalling. 

There are all these stories here that have like people cutting or other triggering pictures as their cover photo. They make it seem cool. It's not. And they're dimwits.

And all this talk about teens who pretend they're Depressed for attention!

Fucking hell.

Do they not find it sickening? Do they not feel any guilt for taking advantage of a mental disorder just to gain attention? Are we supposed to pity them because their parents didn't buy them that Maserati they promised them for their birthday?

Bloody attention-whore.

I'm not even talking about the stereotype anymore. To finish this off I'll just say Get Your Facts Straight. Depression isn't a walk in the park, okay? 

If anyone ever wants to talk don't hesitate to PM me :) I'm always willing to listen.