Ch. 2 Cute Ones Get Front Row Lap Dances

Eren glanced down at the rumpled, damp shirt in his lap. His head pounded.

                “Eren, uh…” Armin began, “That was… interesting. I mean…They’re a great band, but that thing with the lead singer- Levi, right? What-“

                “I realize it’s just a bit he does for concerts,” Eren murmured, “but holy shit.”

                Armin glanced up at Mikasa.

                “Yeah,” the blonde mumbled, “holy shit was basically what we were thinking, too.”

                Armin’s head snapped up as if he realized his thoughts were cloudy.

                “He does this for every concert?” Mikasa asked, crossing his arms, a suspicious look dancing across her face, in the very slight way all her emotions did.

                “Y- yeah, something like it, anyway,” Eren said, poking the shirt with a hand, while the other scratched his neck. He felt dizzy.

                “Do you still want to go backstage?” she asked, slipping the prized pass out of her pocket and flashing it at her brother, the plastic shining under the lights. He stood, nodded, and started past her. Armin and Mikasa walked behind him, watching as he clutched the shirt in his right fist and stuck the other in the front pocket of his jeans. They walked up through the aisle with the other fans, and Eren noticed one or two walking along with them point at him carrying the shirt, recognizing him as the recipient of Levi’s “dance”. Lap dance would be closer, he though sourly. He turned around to Mikasa, opening his mouth to say something.

                “His name is Jean, the guitar player,” she spoke, not permitting him to finish. Eren’s brows furrowed, but he nodded, even though it wasn’t his question (though it was nice to know the name of the asshole who hit on his sister). He didn’t feel like attempting to ask again.

                “W- what are you going to do with the shirt?” Armin piped up, as they stepped out of the auditorium. Mikasa grabbed their hands and tugging them to the right, pushing through the dense crowd.

                “Return it, if I can,” he said, shrugging, “I doubt we’ll actually get to meet the band, honestly. No offense Mikasa, but I really think this Jean- guy just wanted to get into your pants. Which is not happening.”

                She glanced over her shoulder, not offering a reply. They walked past the bathroom, where a long line had formed and towards a mostly empty corridor. A security guard stood before it, beefy and dressed in all- black. He held out an arm.

                “Pass?” he asked gruffly, and Mikasa held up the VIP pass with one hand still locked around Eren’s wrist. Armin rubbed his now- free arm, which didn’t last because Mikasa was back to dragging them along the corridor in no time. They took a few turns (she seemed to know what she was doing) and paused in front of the door that read “refreshments” and it.

                “Hello,” she said, pushing it open further, and tugging the two boys in with her. A girl with her dark hair brushed into a messy ponytail stood over a table covered in food, glancing up as they entered. She smiled, half a sandwich jammed past her teeth.

                “Huffo!” she called, her remark muffled behind the food. She swallowed- a noisy affair- and walked over.

                “Are you the girl with pretty hair?” she asked, biting down on a square of cheese. Mikasa nodded. The girl laughed, crumbs spewing out of her mouth.