Chapter Twenty Two

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:

AVALIE'S P.O.V:

"What... did you say?" 

"I know what happened," he pushed his face closer to mine and whispered in my face. I felt his hot air blow on my now heating up skin. 

I was bewildered and my eyes were wide, my breathing fastened its pace along with my heart. 

"I'm not sure what you mean," Hunter sighed deeply at my response, giving me a sign that he really did know.

I roughly turned my head to face outside the window, my cheek delicately pressed against the cold grey painted wall, and examined the windy tree leaves blowing from the slight wind, the contrast of the leafy green to the cloudless blue sky.

"You're too curious," I replied hastily to Hunter.

"Curiosity is the lust of the mind, Anna." 

"Obviously, or we wouldn't be here right now," at this point, Hunter lightly gripped my chin and slowly pivoted my face to look at him while he leaned on his other hand placed to the side of my head.

"Please, Anna, tell me." I tore my eyes from his and stared at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"But you already know."

"I need to hear it from you," he said while deeply searching my eyes.

I crouched under his arm, he got the message and pulled it back to his side. His eyes followed my movement exactly, seeing what I was going to do. I stepped forward and pulled out a chair from the dining table placed about a metre away from us. Hunter turned around and dragged the chair next to it out aswell, the both of us proceeding to sit down and face eachother. 

I drawed an arm to my face and leaned on my fist, "I never thought I'd have to tell anyone this," I looked up at him through my eyelashes, my voice taking an almost monotonous tone. He gave a small smile of empathy.

"It was a few years ago, I was fifteen - nearly sixteen. I met this guy at a party who went to a different than me. It was my first time being drunk, I don't remember much of what happened."

I moved around the people as they wavered and moved their hips, always seeming to be in clusters. I just wanted to get to the other side of the room to continue looking for my friend, Jen.

"Excuse me, sorry," a couple about my age turned their heads to me, I disrupted their hip grinding session resulting in an awkward stare

"Avalie!! There you are babe, we have been LOOKING for you!!" Jenny popped out of no where with her boy toy in arms. She had an attire of a fitted short dress with the straps carelessly dangling off her shoulders. 

"I've been looking for you too! We have to go, your mother is going to KILL you!" I tackled my hand around her lower arm and tried pulling her out of grips with her 'play thing', but she wouldn't move very far.

"My mother? She's no fun though," Jen presented her exaggerated frown then launched into a tongue twist with the boy off her arm. I looked away in disbelief and rolled my eyes, if she wanted to stay, then what was I going to do?? 

The boy toy finally decided to say something as Jen was kissing his neck, "I have a friend if you are bored, he's single," I shook my head at him. 

"No! I am fine." 

"Come on Ava, live a little. This is your first party and you haven't even had a drink yet!" Jen pulled a pleading face and passed me her alcoholic beverage.