Chapter 7: The Daughter of Death

The next morning I had to decide who was going with me on my quest but first I wanted to show Helen my new abilities. I found her reading by the fountain reading. I sneeked up be hind her and scared her. She jumped up about ten feet into the air. 

                            "Dillon!" she said angrily. I just laughed. "Hey want to see a trick I learned last night?" I asked smiling. "Sure as long as it doesn't involve scaring me." She said smiling. "Okay." I said taking a couple steps back. 

                               I focused on turning into a little puppy. I closed my eyes and pictured a little puppy running around chasing it's tail. Suddenly I felt my body shrinking. When I opened my eyes I was a cute little puppy. Helen looked completely shocked.  

                                "That is amazing. How did you do that?" She asked picking me up and put me on her lap. It felt kind of weird being picked up but it did fell good when she started petting me. Then I jumped off her lap and turned back into a human. "Isn't that cool." I said smiling. "That is amazing. How did you do it?" Helen asked still shocked. I explained my gifts. She sat there silently listening. "Wow you sounds awesome." She said smiling. "Ya and I think that they will be useful on our quest." I said smiling. "Wait our quest?" Helen asked looking confused. "That is unless you don't want to come with?" I asked smiling at her. She smiled from ear to ear. "Of course I'll go with. Thank you so much." She said happily. "Who is the other person that is coming with?" Helen asked looking really confused. "Other person?" I asked. "Ya you need at least three people one a quest." Helen explained. " Oh ........um....." I said trying to think of some one to come with. Then I had an idea. "Louis said he would find the best fighter in camp to train me in hand to hand combat. So it would probably be a good idea to bring him along." I said. "I don't know some of the people who fight really well don't really like the gods. They might just stop us from succeeding to destroy the gods." Helen said with a concerned look. "Well let's just meet this person and if he or she hates the gods and want to destroy them ,we'll just find some one else." I said shrugging. "Well let's see who this person is." Helen said standing up. 

............................................................................................................................................................... 

                                Louis told us that the person he had chosen was from the Thanatos cabin. We found the little cabin on the far west side of the camp. It was small and looked like crypt. It looked like the thing hadn't been open in years.  

                                I knocked on the door. No one answered. I pulled on the handle but the door was locked. I pulled out my little stone. I touched the door with the stone and it flew open. I walked into the dark room. All I could see in the little light that there was ,was a girl standing in the middle of the room holding two celestial bronze.  

                                "What do you want?" The girl growled. "Hello I am Dillon Stone, I would like to talk with you for just one second." I said cautiously. "So you are the Beast Created by the Gods. The is what they call you on Olympus isn't it?" The girl said. I couldn't see it but I could tell she was smiling. "I don't know. Now can I ask you a couple questions ,please?" I asked smiling politely. "Sure." The girl groaned. "What do you think of the gods?" I asked. "I think they are cruel and cold hearted." She growled. I didn't want to go farther but I had to. "If you had the chance would you destroy them?" I asked cautiously. "No. They may be cruel and stone hearted but with out them life would be a whole lot harder." She said looking down at the ground. "Would you want to go on a quest?" I asked. "That depend where are we going?" She asked getting a little more interested. "First we have to go see Zeus or Poseidon to find out where the Place where the Sea meets the Sky is." I answered. "What do we have to do?" The girl asked becoming interested. "We must defeat Hyperion ,titan god of light." I said plainly. "This sounds like fun." She said with a wicked smile. "I'll go." She said standing up. Helen got up quickly and came to my side. "I'm not sure we can trust her." Helen whispered in my ear. "I trust her." I whispered back. "I don't." She whispered. "Well we'll take her along and if she tries to scew this up I make sure to stop her.'' I whispered. "Well...." The girl said sounding annoyed. "Okay, one last question. What is your name?" I asked. " I am  Amber, Daughter of Death." SHe said with a smile.