Ch. 4: Operation Date Night at Levi's! (editing)

(Titanic movie spoilers later on, so I'm hoping you've seen the movie. Yes, Titanic. Don't judge me.)

-

    The clock ticked again slowly.

    Time: 8:03.

    Mr. Smith hadn't come by yet, and neither had Mira. Though, I could've cared less where she was. With the weekend behind me, I was glad knowing she wasn't at the office, bombarding me with the events that took place in my personal life. And knowing Mira, she would be able to force me to divulge my escapades with Levi.

    Mondays were always a slow day at the firm, given that everyone just came back from the weekend, save for a few of the lawyers and the tech team working Saturdays and Sundays. On top of that, I had to carry extra baggage with me to work, one for my personal items and another for my work items. The burdening load was a bit heavier than normal, since I had to bring Levi's hoodie back, along with my change of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

    “Hey boobear, I brought you some tea,” Phil announced, walking into my office with two cups from the coffee place down the street.

    Phil was kinda like an intern to me; he had just gotten out of college and wanted to get some experience at a firm before going to law school. Sometimes I couldn’t picture him being a lawyer though. He was so hipster and silly, with these thick, black glasses and adorable suspenders. I think I would have been dead on the inside if it wasn’t for him brightening my days with a smile.

    He handed me my tea and leaned against my desk. He was as chipper as always, his chestnut eyes sparkling and a smile on his perfect little face.

     “Thanks pookie," I said, placing the tea down on the desk. "You didn’t have to though. I know you’re busy with all that work Mr. Smith tries to push on you.”

    I pinched his side gently, my usual way of showing him affection. He let out a giggle as a pink hue dusted across his cheeks.

    “Don’t let Mr. Smith see you do that," he remarked. "He’ll think we’ve got somethin’ going on.”

Phil laughed at his own joke and poked my cheek, making me giggle. “So what are you doing after work today?” he added, sticking his hands in his pant's pockets.

    “I have plans to hang out with someone. Why do you ask?”

    “Aw man.” He kicked the ground and pouted like a little kid. “I was thinkin’ we could catch a movie.”

    “Sorry pookie, I’ll make it up to you another day, okay?” I proposed, smiling up at him.

    “You mean it?” He bounced around, giddy with excitement. “You really mean it boobear?”

    The door clicked and Mr. Smith stolled in, a frown plastered on his face at the sight of Phil in my office. “Mr. Draxton?" he queried, perturbed. "Why are you bothering Ms. Westbrook? I told you to send out those invites an hour ago, what happened to that?”

    “I’m sorry, sir, I’ll get right to that!” Phil exclaimed and proceeded to rush out, his face flushed with embarrassment.  

    Mr. Smith shook his head and exhaled sharply. "Good morning, Mr. Smith," I addressed, watching him come over to me and set down a pile of bills and expenses.

    “Miss Westbrook, I’ve told you, if the other staff members are annoying you, come tell me."

    "It's not like that, sir," I reassured, hoping it would ease his sour mood. "Phil came to bring me tea and we were talking. He wasn't pestering me at the slightest."