Her word

Lady Valeria looked down from her tower window. She thought her time in the tower would be temporary. At first it had been. Unfortunately, after two more attempts to remove her from the palace, Prince Lothar had decided she would remain there. Valeria could see things being moved and prepared. It looked as though some were preparing to leave.

The woman heard the door open behind her, but did not turn to see who it was. She didn't need to; Prince Lothar was the only one that ever entered her room in the tower.

"It looks as if some of your men are leaving," Valeria commented.

"Yes," Prince Lothar said coming up behind her. A moment later he was by her side looking down on what she was looking at. "We will be leaving in the morning." The blonde woman simply nodded. "You will of course be accompanying me." Valeria looked over at him surprised by his words. "Did you think I would leave you behind?"

"Why wouldn't you?" she said simply.

"Have you forgotten you belong to me already?" the prince inquired. Gently he ran his hand through her hair in a soft caress. Then, just as quickly, he grabbed her hair forcefully almost cruelly and brought her face within a mere two inches from his. "I am not a prince of your world. I am a warrior. I seldom change my mind about anything. That includes you." He crushed his lips to hers in a forceful kiss. She wanted to struggle, but didn't. His kiss felt even more possessive than when he had first claimed her. The kiss ended and he released her completely.

"This will be your last night in the tower," he told her. "You will stay at my side as we travel unless I tell you otherwise, understood?" Lady Valeria simply nodded. "I mean it My Lady, you will not once try to run from me," he warned. He watched as the woman nodded. "Say it!" Lothar had paid attention to anything concerning the woman he laid claim to. One of which was she would never willingly break her word.

"I will not run from you," she agreed.

"I will come for you myself in the morning," he told her. Receiving a nod he left the room and Lady Valeria alone.

Valeria looked out at the kingdom once more. The last sunset she would ever see in Benola was fading into the night. Tomorrow Lothar would take leave for his father's castle taking her with him.

She stayed at the window until the last of the colors faded turning the sky completely black.

The blonde woman changed into her night dress and crawled into bed for her last night of confinement in the tower.

**

Prince Lothar left the tower with mixed feelings. He was pleased Valeria hadn't fought him when he'd kissed her, but disturbed the woman could think for a moment he would leave her behind. She was his and would remain so. Still the blonde haired woman hadn't argued when he had told her she would be leaving with him. The prince was also pleased she'd given her word to not run from him while they traveled.

The Prince walked out of the castle and over to the corral. There he found Ares eating some grass. The Prince watched the black stallion wordlessly. Ares liked to be free. It had to be storming severely before the horse would even consider entering a barn. The stallion always longed to be free to move around, instead of cooped up in a tiny stall. As long as Ares remained loyal and obedient to him, Prince Lothar gave the horse the freedom he desired.

Lothar glanced around at the caged wagons that would transport some of the prisoners. Duncan himself would be forced into one of those cages for his venture to face King Mateen.