Life After Titanic

Life After Titanic

Life was hard without Jack in my life, not a day goes by without thinking about him and his last words are lingering in my mind, "Never let go of that promise, Rose," I sigh as I walk down Carmel Lane.

I'm on my way to riding. Ever since Titanic and all the things Jack and I said we would do together, I've made a list of those things and I'm crossing them off as I achieve them.

Today I'm going to my weekly riding lesson. It's by the beach and I love the way we sometimes ride along the beach because that is one of the things Jack and I said we would do.

With my saddle, riding crop and gloves in my hands, I open the gate to the stables which reveal my beautiful horse, Misty. "Well, hello there beautiful." I run my hand down her black mane. She is a pure black horse with dark brown eyes.

I called her Misty because it reminds me of the mist laying softly on the water, surrounding me as I lay on that piece of wood, in my last moments with Jack, five years ago when the great ship sank beneath me.

Whilst I'm saddling up Misty, Mary rides in on her horse, Butter. Butter is a white horse with ginger spots and brown eyes. Mary works at the haberdashery down the road and she also lives next door to me.

Mary is a widow whose husband, Charles died three years ago due to a typhoid fever outbreak. I see the look on Mary's face; it's a very blissful look.

"How are you today, Mary?" I ask her.

"Very well, Thanks Rose. I've just been doing some jumping with Butter, here," she replies, happily.

"Oh, wonderful, I'm just going to take Misty for a ride. See you later, Mary."

"Bye Rose!"

Wind through my hair, I feel as if I'm flying again, at the front of the ship with my beloved Jack.

After a few laps of galloping around the paddock, I see Mary walk out of the stables with a camera in her hands. I guide Misty over to where Mary is near the stables.

"I thought you were heading home now?" I say to her.

"Yes I know but I thought you might've wanted one for the collection?" she says, looking through the lens of the camera she has.

"Oh, I guess so," I lightly chuckle

"Smile, dear!" She shouts as she aims the camera at me.

"No, wait! I want a photograph of me on the beach, with the carnival in the background" I exclaim.

"Oh, okay, come on then!" Mary agrees, running off to the beach.

Misty and I gallop down to the beach after Mary. We position ourselves in the water, just where the tide reaches the shore.

I smile as Mary, once again, aims the camera at me, ready to take the photograph. Accept, this time smoke comes out of the tripod and makes a 'Puff!' sound.

I thanked Mary and we both headed home.

As I opened my front door, I pick up the newspaper off the front porch and carry it inside, shutting the door behind me.

I walk into the living room, settle on one of the chairs by the window and open up the newspaper.

The headlines read; Caledon Hockley travels back to England due to losing millions from gambling obsession. Gosh, I think.

I never knew his need for money would come to a gambling problem. I fold up the newspaper and put it on the side table next to me.

"Mamma! Mamma!" I hear my two little darlings call my name.

"Hello, beautiful children." I get up off my chair and bend down on my knees to hug my twins, Josephine and Jack Jr.

I stare into my children's eyes and know how proud Jack would be of our children.

I notice just how lucky I am to have met Jack, and I remember how he saved me, in every way one can be saved.

______________________

Thanks everyone for reading this!! It means a lot that you are reading what I write ;)

Hope you guys enjoyed it!

You jump, I jump, remember?