Chapter 13

**Edited by krisgee**

"The Rented Husband"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 13

                Olivia came awake with a start when the incessant beeping of her alarm clock interrupted her incredibly amazing dream of a bare chested Matthew McConaughey hand feeding her chocolate covered strawberries.

                Not bothering to lift her head, she reached over and smacked the snooze button, cursing the dang blamed thing.  "I hate mornings," she grumbled her face still buried in the pillow. 

                For several long minutes she just laid there, with her eyes closed as the events of the night before started to come back to her.  Disgruntled, she flopped over on her back and stared up at the ceiling.  "I am such an idiot."

                She thought about dinner with Brody’s mom which went surprisingly well, then coming back to her condo and the fiasco that followed.  She couldn't believe that she knocked him out with a bat. 

                Only me, she groaned.  This type of crap would only happen to me. 

                Then the brute had wormed his way into spending the night.  In her house.  On her couch.  She sat up and stared at the door, knowing that he was out there and probably going through her things.  That would be just like him, nosey little beaver.

                Standing up, she pushed her arms above her head and stretched.  It was then that she realized Mother Nature’s calling.  She moved to the door, unlocked it and stuck her head out. She looked both ways, making sure that Brody was no where in sight before streaking down the hall to the bathroom.

                While attending to business, she thought some more about the insufferable man that knew how to get on her ever-loving nerves.  In two days they would be on a plane, posing as man and wife, headed to Hawaii.  She had yet to say anything to her mother about it and could only imagine her daddy's reaction.  

                On the bright side, she wouldn't have to look forward to any more of those God awful blind dates.  Maybe, just maybe, she might be able to enjoy her baby sister's wedding.  With Brody in tow, that was a very big maybe.

                Washing her hands in the sink, she looked up at her reflection in the mirror.  Her hair was in complete disarray.  Her mascara was running, giving her the full raccoon effect and the gown she had on was an old flannel one that made her look anything but appealing.

                Studying her image, an idea came to mind.  If Brody saw what she truly looked like first thing in the morning then he wouldn't continue to misplace his mouth on hers.  A grin tugged at her lips.  Seeing her like this, surely he would want to stay away from her as much as possible.  It seemed like the perfect solution to her paltry problem.

                She tangled her hands in her hair, mussing it up even further and stepped out of the bathroom.  Her sullen mood was now much brighter since she had a plan.  It was high time to turn the tables on Mr. Brody O'Conner.

                Olivia stopped at the top of the stairs, the smell of bacon and coffee hitting her nose.  Her stomach growled in response.  She wasn't typically a breakfast person but the enticing scent was quickly causing her to change her tune.