Chapter 3

Chapter 3

NaKhia's POV:

Coming out of the shower i checked my phone and saw i had two missed calls. One was from my mother and the other was from Colton. I knew what my mother wanted but i just wanted to wait to have that conversation with her. So i opted to call Colton instead. "Hey beautiful." He answered brightening my day.

"You mean Ugly and bloated." I sat down on the bed propping all six pillows behind me.

"No, i meant what i said. How you feeling? Did you see him? When you coming home?"

"I saw him but we didn't get a chance to talk. So i will tomorrow. I hope to come home tomorrow night if not on Monday."

He let out a breath and i could hear it over the phone. "Colton please."

"I just want you to be here not there. I can come and be with you."

"No i need to do this by myself. Stop worrying about me. I'm a big girl, literally." I tried to make him laugh and it worked. The thing about Colton was that i had met him ten years and six months too late. He is a woman's ideal man. Smart, handsome, caring and one of the most successful lawyers at my dad’s law firm. 5"9 very well built caramel skin and hazel eyes. Sometimes i get lost in those eyes. True he is four years older than me but that has never stopped him from trying to holler at me. Over time he has become my best friend, something Messiah used to be. I tell him everything. I love Colton and i just want him to be happy.

"I miss you Khi-Khi. I just want all of this to be over so you can finally see that I’m the man you need. I know you said that you’re not ready for a relationship and i get that. Baby just knows i want that chance when you’re ready."

I could feel the tears start to form in my eyes. He has never kept his feeling from me, and every time i would feel like an ass. "Colton please do not wait on me okay? I want you to go out and date. Not be stuck with me please."

"I can go out and date as many women as you tell me to but, their not goanna compare to you. It's no secret that i love you and one day your goanna love me too." He sounded so confident in himself.

I yawned stretching in the bed. "You tired?" He asked

"Yea i missed my nap."

"Alright, eat your food and go to bed. Call me if you need me. Love you NaKhia."

"Night night Colton." We hung up and i was even more confused with my life.

After hearing a knock on the door i rushed from the bed room to the living room. Momma had insisted on the presidential suite. I had thought it was too much, especially for just one person. But if you knew my momma you didn't argue with her. She always got her way. "Coming." I yelled opening the door excited for my food. I stopped dead in my tracks as Messiah stood in the door way.

"Hi." He tilted his head left and smiled at me. Messiah knows I love his smile, so to keep myself from smiling back. I averted my eyes to the floor.

"Would you like to come in?" I moved away from the door for him to enter. "Stay strong NaKhia." I told myself tighten my robe.

"I was surprised to see you today. You look beautiful."

I just kept quiet.

"I can't believe your here.” He took a step forward I took a step back. "NaKhia can you please say something." He begged.

"I don't know what to say Messiah."

"Than at least look at me."

"I can't even look at you. Cause standing in front of me is a man I don't know."

"I'm still the same person."

"No your not. The Messiah I knew was not on drugs. He took better care of himself. Was focused on his career. Cared about his family and friends." I couldn't help but start to cry. Damn hormones were taking over. "You've lost weight. Your eyes are cloudy and your nose is bleeding." Messiah brought his hand up to his nose and than looked at the blood that stained it. Shaking my head at him I pointed towards the bathroom.

Room service came while Messiah was in the bathroom doing God knows what. I sat down on the couch and waited for him to come out, clutching the white envelope in my hand. It held the reason for why i was here. "I'm supposed to hate him right?" i questioned myself. He broke up with me for no reason. One moment we were in my bed, making love and the next he needs space. It was a form of karma because I had gotten pregnant that night. I must have cried for days wondering what i had done wrong. What had changed between us? For ten years Messiah was my life, i just wasn't his. I heard the bathroom door open and Messiah came out and sat next to me on the couch. Without asking he placed his hand on my stomach. I thought about knocking it away but i kept my cool considering since he came today i will be leaving in the morning.

"Is it a boy or girl?" He smiled at me feeling the movement under his hand.

"Both. I’m having twins."

He stopped rubbing a brought up his other hand as the babies moved under his touch. "Twins like me and Malcolm were?" He started crying

"Yea i plan to name them Mariah and Malcolm." I wiped a tear from his eye because i knew he thought bout his late brother all the time. Malcolm was Messiah's twin brother born two minutes after him so Messiah would joke and call Malcolm his little brother. They were always together if you saw one you saw the other. When Messiah got his record deal, Malcolm stayed behind to look after their mom. One night he was out on the streets looking for her and got killed in a drive by. I saw a change in Messiah after that.

"I gotta family now. Were a family now Khia." He dropped to knees and kissed my belly. "Marry me NaKhia." Messiah was starring into my eyes and looked so sincere.

"No."  Six months ago i would have said yes. I would have married Messiah in a heart beat. But, he didn't want me before and i sure in hell didn't want him now.

"What do you mean no? You’re caring my babies." Messiah stood up from the floor.

"I need you to read this." I gave him the white envelope. Taking it he walked over to the table and sat down. I stood by the window waiting for him to finish.

"You want me to give up the rights to my kids?" He balled up the legal documents in his hands.

"I want full custody."

"Their my kids too." He yelled throwing the papers.

"You didn't know anything about them." I yelled back.

"Because you kept it a secret from me."

"I tried to call you Messiah but, you changed your phone number." That was true the day i found out i tried to call him and his phone was disconnected.

"This is all the work of your mother. That witch never liked me."

"Leave her out of this Messiah and just sign the papers."

He walked over to the crumbled papers on the floor and picked them up. "Not over my dead body." Messiah opened the door and slammed it behind him.

*************************** Do you think Khia was wrong for asking for full custody? Pleases vote and Comment. Thank for reading.*****************************

All Rights Reserved By: MrsCassey