Chapter XVI - I thought you were scared of needles

"We'll believe something that is told from the government without questioning it, but yet we always question what we learn in sunday school or read from the Bible?" -Unknown

August 2014

"Boy's, I want you to meet your dad. Captain Damon Norris." I say crouching down behind them as I point to Damon who is setting on the stool at the counter with wide eyes.

"I thought papa died?" River asks as both of the boys look at me.

"Ghost! Ghost!" Diesel yells running and hiding behind Xavier.

" i thought he died too, but he didn't. He survived." I reply, pulling Diesel out from behind Xavier who has a smile onto his face, shaking his head.

"really" Diesel and River say at the exact same time, gosh i'll never get use to that.

"yes, really." I reply motioning for Damon to come over.

"I guess you weren't kidding when you said they are fluent in spanish." Damon says as he comes over, kneeling down behind me.

"Yeah, they learned spanish before english." I reply back, pulling each boy closer to me.

"Boy's your dad is my best friend" Xavier says slapping Damon's back, with a huge smile.

"He is?" Diesel asks with wide eyes looking up at him.

"Yes."

"haha he is my dad" River says laughing, and pointing at Xavier.

"River, that wasn't nice." I scold as he sticks his tongue out at me.

"Are you really my dad?" Diesel asks looking at Damon.

"Yes, I am." Damon replies, looking a little lost.

"You won't eat me right? Because ghost eat people, Uncle Car said so." he replies looking a little hesitant, trying to hid behind his brother.

That earns a laugh from Damon "I promise you, i'm not a ghost. And I won't eat you"

I just shake my head, silently laughing.

"Good" is all Diesel replies before wrapping his little arms around Damon's neck.

"I'm glad you're alive papi" River says doing the same as his brother.

"I am too" He says giving Diesel and River a hug, picking them both up, one in each arm making them giggle.

I just smile at the sight, words cannot express just how happy I am that my best friend and father to my children is back, and they actually get to know their father, and not just a picture on there nightstand.