A crystal and a hard place

Hey just typed this up during my lunch. So please excuse any errors was rushed!

Please vote, comment and fan! Thank u guys in advance

Saying goodbye to Van, promising to call him tonight I walked back into the meeting room. Mom, Ian and Levi where whispering and stopped the minute I walked in.

"You guys were totally talking about me" I exclaimed as I sat down next to Levi.

"We were just talking about the dynamics of this situation" Ian replied.

"Yea, this is the epitome of a dysfunctional family"

"No honey, we are talking about your new relationship with Levi, and the fact that you are sharing a pool house, we aren't sure it's particularly a good idea." Mom said looking between me and Levi.

Levi stood up quickly his eyes glowing. "With all due respect Laine, I will NOT be separated from her, now or after her birthday" Levi said looking at me possessively.

"What makes you so sure, you wolf will want her after her birthday son" Ian said raising an eyebrow.

"What makes you sure Laine was your mate, when you first saw her dad?" Levi said.

Ian just growled. I rolled my eyes, like father lie son I thought to myself.

"I knew from just looking at her with every fibre in my body" Ian growled looking into my moms eyes possessively. I saw mom blush and grab his hand. Ew ew ew again with the parental PDA - creeps me the hell out.

"Well that's how I feel about Tia, if not stronger because we don't have the mate bond yet, and I'm fighting with my wolf every minute I'm not around her. The only thing that eases it is being with her, which is why I will not allow her to leave the pool house" he says projecting his inner Alpha dominance.

Mom shivers slightly and leans into Ian as she feels it. "you might be challenging me as alpha sooner then you realise son with the way your alpha is fighting for control". Ian says.

"Not until I have my mate by my side dad"

"Right I have to start on the Sunday dinner, everyone you guys go wash up and come back around 5ish" Mom says brightly standing up.

"ok mom, we will see you soon" I say standing up. Levi wraps his arms around me as we walk towards the pool house.

"Can we talk" he whispers. I look up at him and nod looking concerned as I see the stress on his extremely good looking face. A face like that should never frown I thought to myself.

We walked into the pool house and we back into my room. I sat on the bed crossed legged like the night before. This time however Levi went into his room quickly then came back into my room and sat down next to me.

"What's wrong Levi? Your upset I can tell" I say looking at him.

He scrunches his face up and shakes his head. "I heard what Van said" he whispers.

My heart rate increases as my nerves surface.

"You did?"

"Yea and I have to admit, I didn't think he would play dirty straight off the bat" he said with a frown.

Looking at Levi his blond hair was scruffy from the fight. His muscles where tight with tension, which in all honesty caused them to bulk out making them look even better from where I was sitting. His sculptured jaw was straining as he bit down.

I stroked his cheek, and his expression softened as he looked into my eyes. "Levi, you have nothing to worry about" I said gently. "You don't have to make some grand deceleration of love to me, I will promise you I will not allow his love for me to affect my feelings towards you"