Chapter 5

A/N: Hello, readers! I'm making another shout out to my number one fan, Angel Davis, who made the awesome cover which most likely drew you here! She's also responsible for the side banner on this chapter. Guys, this girl is amazing. Go check out her stuff :D

Oh, and I'm putting it out there that if any of you make fan art, and I REALLY REALLY like it I'll put it as the cover for awhile. Otherwise it'll be added as a banner, and you'll get a dedication! (Which you also get if you make the cover) Some of you people are crazy talented, it's scary.

Dragons and Hobgoblins, Gnomes with shotguns...

xXAsunaXx

***

xX William Xx

Sometimes, you just have to do the wrong thing for the right reason.

That is what I tell myself everyday. That is what I tell myself now, sharpening a sword that will kill many more.

That is what I told myself two weeks ago when I killed a water bender.

***

-Then-

They were watching me. Nico and Aaron and the others. Aaron finally broke through to Nico, needling him just enough for him to decide to give me a test.

"I don't NEED a test," I pressed back. "I've been here, what? Two, three years? Have I ever done you wrong?" Pleading with him.

But as everyone knows, pleading gets you nowhere. I thought Nico liked me, trusted me. But he's smart, and he trusts no one, and in this world, that is the key.

Trust no one.

"If you have nothing to prove, than you should be willing to do this anyways," was his response.

That bastard Aaron! All the filthy rotten words in this world can't describe how much I despise that kid. He's too smart, and he was right to suspect me. Try as I might, I'll never be able to fool them into thinking I'm one of them: a killer.

I wasn't raised like that; I'm not going to try to be someone I'm not.

And he saw right through it. Wouldn't Aaron just love to set me up for one of those 'sessions.' Try as he might, he needs evidence against me, and he's not getting any.

Until now.

My peers and I decided to stage the whole thing. The plan is simple. Randall, a tall friend of mine with red-brown hair and a normal face, and most importantly a water bender, volunteered to provoke a teacher and get called in. When he's being escorted to Nico by me, he'll create a water clone to take his place. The clone will be sent to the dungeon where he'll wait until Nico sets up a date for me to kill "him." In the meantime, Randall skips classes and maintains his clone, controlling its movement and speech. When the time comes, I stab the clone and grip the blade to let my blood flow over the sword and onto the ground to make it seem like the clone is bleeding. Once there's enough blood, I seal the wounds with fire bending. Painful, but it's our only chance.

After being released from his clone duties, Randall tries to join the invisible (and rumored, none of us knows if it's real) Renaissance force in the schools' forest.

A lot of things could go wrong. But we need to have faith and hope. We need to act now, before it gets worse.

***

I'm polishing Aaron's armor, rubbing the cloth over the metal rings over and over again. He threw it at me, and said he was 'calling in that favor.' What favor? And I couldn't even say anything cause Nico was there. I always need to be the best little drone I can be when Nico's around.