Chapter Twenty

Dedicated to chooseitwisely because she's suffering from Jackson withdrawal.

Please don't expect all chapters to be this long lol. It's massive....sorry I took so long to update.

Enjoy!!

Chapter Twenty

Chris ducked as Grant threw a powerful left hook, followed by a right handed uppercut that barely missed Chris’ chin. Chris deflected the next blow and struck out with his leg, catching Grant in the side, making him grunt slightly before he struck out with his elbow, catching Chris in the sensitive upper thigh area, making his muscle go numb. I winced in sympathy, familiar with the feeling as the two men continued to fight, moving at breathtaking speeds and landing as many blows as they dodged. They were evenly matched but had very different fighting styles.

“He’s not so bad, is he?” Elle said, a glazed look in her eye as she looked at Chris who’d quickly stripped off his shirt when I’d walked into the clearing with Elle earlier. Grant had discovered the spot during the time that I’d been ‘dead’. He’d been exploring the forest bordering his apartment building and discovered the grassy clearing one day, and ever since he’d been practicing here with Chris and Georgia.

“He’s an excellent fighter,” I replied to Elle, deliberately misinterpreting her statement.

“That’s not what I meant,” she said breathlessly as Chris jumped into the air, spinning simultaneously, angling the top of his foot at connect with Grant’s head but Grant dodged at the last second, kicking out at Chris before he landed, catching the other boy in the stomach, sending him to the ground. Chris didn’t pause, instead he rolled back and used his arms as an anchor to kick out with his feet, clipping Grant’s cheek before he sprung into a standing position. “He’s so hot,” she said breathily and Chris’ delighted face turned towards us.

“What?” he exclaimed just as Grant’s fist connected with Chris’ cheekbone, sending him to the ground.

“Chris!” Elle shouted, jumping to her feet and rushing over to the boy lying in the grass, groaning in pain. “Oh my god, Chris are you okay?”

“I don’t know,” he said weakly, his eyes twinkling as Elle lightly ran her hands over Chris’ face, checking for broken bones.

“What should I do?” she asked, her voice panicky.

“Kiss it better,” he suggested, his lips quirking into a smile.

She narrowed her eyes at him for a second before slapping him on the shoulder and standing up. She made it about two steps before he jumped up and gripped her arm, whirling her back around to face him as his other hand slid into her hair and he angled his lips over hers, kissing her soundly. His arm wound around her back, supporting her weight as her knees seemed to give out slightly.

I looked away, my cheeks reddening slightly with embarrassment. My eyes connected with Grant’s and he grinned at me. “Now you know what it’s like when you and Jackson are together. You’re so cute, it’s disgusting.”

“What are you saying about me?” Jackson asked, entering the clearing and moving towards me quickly, slipping his arm around my waist and planting a quick kiss on my cheek before raising an eyebrow at Grant.

“See,” Grant said, ignoring Jackson to give me a smug look. “He didn’t even notice the make out session because he was so focused on you.”

“Oh wow, that’s new,” Jackson said, finally seeing Elle and Chris who were still locking lips off to Grant’s right.

I just rolled my eyes at Grant before my gaze shifted to Georgia who was just entering the clearing too. She didn’t have any trouble seeing Chris and Elle and she scowled immediately. “Gross,” she mumbled, coming up beside me and handing me something. “Here,” she said quietly, placing the small memory card in my hand.