Chapter 30: Broken

Chapter 30: Broken

I glanced around the room seeing every eye there was observing my reaction. I could see some girls blushing as they giggled to themselves, while others just stood there watching me like a stalker. I suddenly felt the spot light turning to my direction while Dean was still standing in front of me.

I looked back at him seeing his sweet smile and ocean blue eyes twinkling to me. His words, ‘My wish is that I could hear you say it to me,’ was still echoing into my ears. And yet, I still didn’t know what to say. I blinked as I thought, reasoning what should I say to him.

No? I should say to him no? Because I was here for something else. But if I was to do so. I wouldn’t be able to be with him anymore and that could get worst. But wait. If I did, then this means that he’ll get hurt. I blinked again. Why do I care that he’ll get hurt?

After a while of thinking and confusion, my brain felt like it was wired up like tangled strings and ropes. And that was when my heart took over. I could somehow feel my heart growing inside me as it tried to reach for words that Dean was giving.

My wish is that I could hear you say it to me.’

Then I spoke.

“I do.” I lowered my head and quietened my voice. “I mean, I like you too.”

Dean smile spread wider as his eyes were filled with happiness. I glanced up to look at him and he suddenly hugged me tight. “Thank you!” He said in my ear, “Thank you, Taylor!”

And the audience around us applauded and cheered.

***

I finally got back to my hotel room, after long day. The lights in the room was bright and as I walked over the living room. I saw Rosabel sitting smiling with a cup of tea in her hands. She smiled at me, “How was your date with Dean, Sis?”

I stopped and stared at her, “How did you know?”

She smiled, “Well,” she sighed and placed her cup of tea on the coffee table that was in front of her. “I saw you guys hanging out together.”

I relaxed my shoulders and sat down next to her by the couch. “But still, how did you know?”

Rosabel smiled at me again, “I can see that he liked you long time ago, Sis.”

I laughed a bit. “Yeah, right. Like how long ago?”

Rosabel stared at me with her serious look, “Like the first time I saw you, Harris and Dean all together by that old car park when I was kidnapped.”

I glanced at her, “Really?”

She nodded. “Seriously you need to take notice of the guys around you a bit more.”

I stared at her, “You know that I don’t do that right?”

Rosabel nodded, “That’s why I’m telling you to do so.” She paused, “So that you won’t hurt a few other people feelings.”

I stopped, “What do you mean by that?”

Rosabel shook her head, “This is what I mean.” She took another sip from her tea, “You need notice of people around you more.” She repeated.

“Okay then.” I glanced away from her, “By that you mean...”

She sighed, “Looks like I have to spell it out for you too.”

I was confused when she said that.

“Harris!”

“Harris?” I asked, “What does he have to do with taking notice?”