My Mine

• Dedicated to To Aricia...to infinity and beyond

Michael's POV

I decided to call Carmela after what I said a few days ago. Today was Bey's birthday, but before we could celebrate, I needed to get this over with. "Hello?" "Hi Carmela," I greeted softly. I heard someone talk in the background and heard Carmela curse in Italian. "Hi," she greeted sourly. I frowned. "Well, I called to say I'm sorry about my reaction. You just..shocked me." Carmela grunted. "Sure, yeah. Well, I'm packing my bags now. " I sighed silently. "I didn't mean what I said Carmela," I admitted. "No it's fine...maybe next to y'know." I nodded as I paced the bedroom. "I'll call you when I get back," I said. "And then you can blow me off," Carmela snapped. I stopped my pacing and stared into the air. "Carmela I said I was so-" "Goodbye Michael." I heard the dial tone on the end. I held the phone back arm's length and bucked my eyes. 

"Well, fuck you too then," I hissed. 

I tossed my phone onto the bed and sighed. "Let me just enjoy my wife," I told myself quietly, "Carmela is on her own now." I turned around and grabbed the little red box on the dresser. Bey was sitting in the dining room by herself. I smiled as I saw her curly hair falling over her shoulders and back. She was busy writing something and looking at a music sheet. "Happy birthday," I sang. Bey looked up and smiled. "Happy anniversary," Bey said. I sat down next to her and placed the box on the table. 

"Michael," Bey scorned. 

"Don't be upset. You knew I was going to buy you a gift." Bey took a deep breath and slowly opened the box. She stared at the charm bracelet and then me. "Michael," she whispered. I watched as Bey gently touched the charms. "A microphone," she said. I could hear the smile in her voice. "Ohh...a baby...it should be babies..is this a Grammy?" I nodded. Bey looked at me. "Michael, you didnt' have to." "But I wanted to. Now give me that pretty little hand so you can wear this." Bey held out her hand and I fastened the bracelet. "And you got this from Tiffany & Co.?" I nodded. "I can't believe you," she whispered. I laughed and wrapped my arms around her. "Is that a glove?" Bey whispered. She was staring at the bracelet and chuckled. "Hey, I insisted on having my touch in this." Bey chuckled softly and kissed my cheek. "Thank you Michael and....I have something for you." My eyes widened. "Is that so?" I whispered. Bey nodded.

"Well what is it?" Bey shrugged. "I won't say," was the only answer I received. Ooohh, I hated when she did this! She wouldn't utter a word of what is up her sleeve. "Fine then," I countered, "I shall wait patiently for your surprise." Bey smiled. "Good boy!" She patted my cheek and gathered her things. "Well, where are you going?" I asked. "Darling to the studio. Where else?"

I frowned. "Bey, we both promised each other: no work on our anniversary." Bey frowned back. "Michael..." I shook my head. "Besides you're five months pregnant. I don't need you ripping and running around here." Bey crossed her arms. "Michael!" I shook my head. "No protests." I held my hand up because I wasn't going to take it. Bey sighed. "Fine. I won't go to the studio today." She tossed her sheet music on the table.

"What now husband?"

I scoffed. "I don't appreciate your tone wife."

Bey smiled. "That's good to know." We sat down at the table. "What's the surprise?" I asked again. Bey sighed. "I planned on taking you wherever your heart desires." I blinked and began to think about the places where I've never gone before. "I've never been to a store before....like...a grocery store." Bey gasped. "Well let's go to Target!" She exclaimed. "Target?" I questioned. "Um...yes sir Target. Is there a problem?" I shook my head. "It's just....we're gonna be in the public-"

"No we're not," Bey announced. My eyebrow shot up in wonder. "Oh really?" Bey nodded. "I could call and close it down for us. You know..go shopping and stuff." "LIke....for real?" I asked. "Yeah for real! You think I'm goin' to play with your life like it ain't real?" I didn't know what the hell that meant but I just shook my head. "Good, then let's get dressed and get everybody ready!"