23. Fox Evans by ToutesLesNuits

23. Fox Evans

White is for Virgins by ToutesLesNuits

Overview: Emery Price was perfectly fine with being wallpaper. In fact, she applauded the idea. There was nothing she wanted more than to get through her senior year unnoticed, distraction-free, with high honors and an acceptance letter to a prestigious university. Fox Evans, gorgeous and irresponsible, is the playboy that blurred her perfectly-planned vision. With his dirty jokes, dashing smirk, and notorious reputation he unintentionally kills any chances of Emery being a mere paper background. The handsome devil does so much damage she can't even pass for a plain old carpet or a dim lamp in the corner of the room. Though as time passes, she minds less and less. While balancing volunteer work with the American Red Cross, a job at the local Daycare center, and her schoolwork, Emery manages to: form a budding friendship with Fox Evans, deal with her parents' unhappy marriage, and help her friends through their plethora of problems. An overwhelming year commences as Emery tries to keep up with life, spouting optimism and smiles to those in need. But when she finally manages to think about herself, there is little but pessimism and fear to be found. What’s a girl to do?  

My Babe  

Together we may struggle
but without you all I feel is pain.
Sometimes I may seem confused
but there is one thing that will never change.

The feelings I have for you don't fade or go away.
They continue to grow stronger each day with every kiss.
Life without you is something I can't imagine.
From within my soul, it's you I'd miss.

I understand this world more then you may know.
I could believe in fate and put up a fight.
But you and I are not written.
Although there is a truth I'd like to write.

We both have scars,
with memories that can not be erased,
but together we are stronger.
In your hands my heart has been placed.

This is a choice I have made.
I understand the risk I take.
Please hold my heart dear to you.
Careful to never break.

If you do stumble or fall,
please don't forget to gather all the pieces.
It's your choice of what to do with them.
My love for you never ceases.

by Crystal

1. Can you tell us something about you in general?

In general? Hmmmm... I'm super quirky - complex and talkative! "In general" scares me .. but I'll try. I'm an eighteen year old romantic college freshman in the city of Boston. Phew! How'd I do? :P

2. From where did you get the idea of White is for Virgins?

I was a very ticked off and opinionated eighth grader who started losing friends to experimental drug use, alcohol use, and relationships. I had a lot of ideas about what being a teenager was like and where I fit into it (I'm an Emery through and through!) so I decided to express these feelings and find a place where I belonged through this book. It helped me grow!

3. Tell me about Fox Evans in your words?

Fox is, well, a fox ;) He is the perfectly imperfect guy I thought I wanted; I thought every girl would want. I had an ongoing crush with a guy I knew was no good for me, and it was my deepest darkest wish to be that innocent girl that got him and helped him be a better person ... yeah, delusional, I know. *blush* But it brought out the passion in me as an author, because I connected with Fox and with Em. So Fox is a dream, now long gone, that I encased into WIFV.

4. Fox is a difficult character, was it tough writing about him?

I wish I read this question before I ranted my answer to the previous one! He was tough at times, because I wanted to make it all realistic and keep him rugged and male. At the same time, he was a lot of fun! I got to channel a more flirtatious side of myself through him. Always fun! Frustrating, but fun.

5. Tell us something more about Emery?

She's a gem! I was surprised to find how many of my readers admitted to having an Emery persona - pleasantly surprised :) While I wrote Emery with my nerdy, good girl image in mind, I enjoyed making her grow and I learned a lot about myself through that. Having her face more serious decisions and having her stress about love prepared me for doing the same thing myself ... I'd like to think this book helped a lot of girls like Emery as well. She's adorable, she's very human, she's a role model. She's a little too scared to jump into something good right away, but with the right push and her mind made up, she can dedicate her whole heart to something she cares about.

6. Best chapter of WIFV?

6. In my opinion, the last chapter is my favorite hands down! I can't speak for the 'best' in terms of how it's written, but it terms of the feelings it inspires, definitely the last one. It was the one I was dying to write ever since I hit the twentieth chapter, so to finally reach that point was heavenly bliss! It was like that moment when you ride a bike down a hill, you take your feet off the pedals, close your eyes, and let the wind sweep your hair back... *sigh* Picturing Em's shocked face and Fox's attractive stance in the doorway (SPOILER ALERT)... it was a great day when I wrote that chapter

7. If Fox had to give tips on handling girls. What would he say?

I think Fox would say, at the end of WIFV, something along the lines of "The problem is you said handling 'girls'. If you're trying to manage multiple women, you're asking for trouble. Now, if you find a girl you like, you'll figure it all out. No matter if she talks a lot, you'll listen. She doesn't have to be a chef, you'll just take her out. If she wants to cuddle one night and watch stupid girlie movies, cuddle her, dude! I'm sure you won't mind having her body against yours, that's where she belongs. You'll survive the bad acting, I promise."

8. So this is a rapid fire round, you have to answer five questions, quickly. Do not think!

A. Red Cross: Is this like word association? Haha I honestly first thought of a red cross, but in terms of the American Red Cross, I love community service! Always a good day knowing you helped someone, did something nice, or inspired change.

B. Other writing Sites: I love fictionpress! I've read just about everything, so I check daily for new one shots or finished long reads. Unfortunately it's not safe like Wattpad, so a lot of great writers take their work down due to plagiarism.

C. Favourite book on Wattpad: I have three I refuse to choose between: "The Transient Wife" by greenwriter, "The Last Dance" by xoStardust, and "Jennifer's Garden" by DianneVenetta.

D. Plagiarism: HORRIBLE, FRUSTRATING, VILE THING. Curse people who have no shame stealing someone else's hard work. Be smart if it hasn't happened; stay strong and don't give up if it has!

E. Your fans: The best people ever! Supported my on Quizilla, on inkpop, and on here! Kept looking for my story to return and inspired me to finish the book. Now they've inspired me to push for independent publishing! Woot <3

9. Can you tell us more about your upcoming books and ongoing books?

I have a lot of one shots I want to write, I have two separate one shot collections in my works section. I'm working on editing WIFV for self publication through Amazon. Also, I've started a cute country romance read called "The Apple of my Pie" - going to try to work on that in between college classes :P  

 Thanks a lot @ToutesLesNuits for this increbile interview! Link of WIFV is on the external link :)