Chapter 30

Thanks for the banner!

I think I'm in Love With a Malfoy

Chapter 30

Lily's POV

Oh damn...what did that mean again? I stared at the white parchment before me. Ehwaz? Did that mean 'Defence?' No, wait. It might be 'partnership.' Or that might be Eihwaz?

Remind me why I decided to take Ancient Runes again?

I looked up at the huge sand timer at the front of the hall. It was almost half empty already and I had only written a couple of lines at the most. Professor McGonagall was sitting, cat-form, at the front of the hall, surveying her students with yellow eyes. I glanced slyly to the side to see Lorcan scribbling furiously on his page. It almost looked as if his quill was going to snap.

Oh yeah that's why I'm here...he bribed me.

Remind me to wring his neck once I get out of here.

I looked back down at the exam paper. Maybe I should skip that question?

My eyes travelled down to look at the third question.

What number is the Runespoor symbolised to represent?

What was a Runespoor again?

Oh, I was in so much trouble. I blame Scorpius for this, if he hadn't been around I would probably have done some work on this...but no, he had to just always be there, looking as good as he does, distracting me! He's head boy as well, he should know better.

Not that I minded when he was actually being distracting of course.

I didn't realise that my quill was pressing on my parchment heavily, creating a large ink spot in the middle of the question.

To be perfectly honest, I really didn't mind that I was practically failing this examination. It was my last O.W.L and I couldn't wait to get out into the sun. Plus, it was Ancient Runes? I'm probably never going to need it in my life. I just had to NOT let my parents see my results when they came in.

I tried to answer as many questions as possible. I even wrote two whole pages for the last essay question so my mood was getting slightly better. Well apart from the fact that I had somehow managed to cut my little finger on a piece of parchment. I have no idea how? I mean it wasn't even sharp! I think it was just me.

Eventually the bell went and everyone leapt up. A loud chatter filled the hall as everyone gushed about how relieved they were to have their final exam over. I walked over to Lorcan who was looking worried.

"Be happy! You've finished your exams, so why do you look like someone just ran over your cat?" I asked laughing.

"I think I got a couple of words mixed up, and I answered the last essay completely wrong, now I think about it," he said his eyebrows pulled together in concentration.

"I bet you did fine...unlike me. That paper killed me, I still can't believe you made me take this subject," I said over the loud chatter.

I saw a ghost of a smile, "I did not MAKE you."

"You bribed me," I pointed out.

"I did no such thing," he replied.

"You said that you would no longer be friends with me, if I didn't take the subject."

"Well can you blame me? I didn't want to take it on my own," he admitted, "and I really liked you then. It was the only time I really got to talk to you without Roxy butting in, before we started going out."