[Chapter Three-Gabby]

Gabby

"Come on Gabby, you have to eat something."

"No."

"Come on. Just a little bit of toast," Aria wheedled.

I frowned at her. "No!"

"You're going to make yourself ill if you keep not eating," Seamus remarked.

I scowled at him. "Shut up, Seamus!"

Seamus held up his hands. "Hey, I'm just trying to help!"

"Well, it's not helping!" I said.

Seamus muttered something under his breath that sounded suspiciously like, "Did I mention lack of food also makes you angry all the time?"

I had stopped eating properly after I had found that note in my Potions book. Everywhere I went, he seemed to be. You know who I mean. Professor Eracs.

I mean, something way scarier had happened way back in my first year. Lord Voldemort himself had kidnapped Jason when he went for a walk around the Forbidden Forest with Draco Malfoy. Voldemort had left a chilling message written in blood, saying: And then there was two.

That was no doubt referring to Harry and I. Less than two weeks later, Voldemort had broken into the boys dormitory in the Gryffindor Tower. Everybody could hear Harry screaming. Aria and I had burst into the boys dormitory to find Lord Voldemort attempting to kidnap Harry.

Aria and I both ran to the window. I tried to rescue Harry, but Voldemort was too fast for me, but not for Aria. She had jumped out of the window, grabbing her father's foot (did I mention Aria is Lord Voldemort's daughter?), and Voldemort shook her off. She fell about ten feet when the human chain we made caught her.

Voldemort got away with Harry and Jason, and left another message on the window sill. And then there was one. 

We set up a rescue party, which consisted of me, Aria, Kelly, Dean, Seamus, Coby, Hermione, Ron and Draco Malfoy. We arrived at Voldemort's 'lair', where Aria and I were kidnapped. We were held in the chamber Harry and Jason had escaped from, and we were tortured with the Cruciatus Curse.

We were rescued by our own rescue party, and Kelly also found her long-lost father. Mr Ryan, Kelly's dad, had invented some kind of transport, a bit like Apparition, except you didn't need a wand. Everyone except Jason, Harry and I escaped. When everyone got back to Hogwarts, they saw a message written on the front steps.

And then there was none.

Voldemort came into where we were being kept after everyone escaped. He demanded to know how we survived when he came to kill us when we were one. The truth was, I had nine lives, Jason could turn invisible and Harry was the 'Chosen One', who was destined to kill Voldemort.

Using our powers, we escaped and made it back to Hogwarts relatively unscathed. I don't remember not eating in my first year. Maybe, back then I was tougher. But something was giving me this feeling that something much worse was going to happen this year.

"Skipping food, are we?" said the chilling voice of Professor Eracs. "Ten points from Gryffindor." He walked away.

"Hey!" I said to his back. "That's not fair!"

But he didn't seem to hear me.

"How unfair is that?" I fumed, turning back to my friends.

"We know," said Kelly sympathetically.

"But maybe he's right," said Coby cautiously. "You do need to eat."

"I am eating," I said, holding up a tiny piece of toast and popping it into my mouth.