The Parasite

In a world where only time will tell when the end is near, something miraculous yet inevitable and violent has occurred.

In a recent mutation, after toxic chemicals have been dumped in a pond, a thriving brain-eating amoeba has been infecting humans for over a decade and has transformed them into brain-eating zombies.

Unfortunately, this has gone out of hand, because the government does nothing to stop the zombies.

In a place called Quahog, there is a settlement set aside for people who have not infected but are highly immune to the bacteria. These people have built a strong immunity, but when will it run out?

They are literally going insane, having night chills, and psychotic spells. My mother and brother are among them.

These are the ones that are already either turning into zombies or going crazy and their brain is eating itself cus of stress.

Then there are the ones who get into higher ground. which is practically the only way you get away from zombies.Only people who are skillful and tactile with their strength, are teenagers, and people with elite and strong such as gymnasts and athletes, built hammocks in the trees.

These are watchposts as well as perches and safe hiding spots from the zombies.

One night after visiting the settlement, I can't find a spot indoors that isn't safe from mold spores, where the brain-eating amoeba can thrive, so I end up climbing a mangrove of trees.

A young girl is left alone by the mangrove of trees not yet seven years old.

She says in her country in Africa, where water is scarce, the zombies are few and far between, but another breed has risen in its place. Only a rare few have the capabible skills instincts and gene codes possible to be recruited in this breed of warriors.

She says that I have decided to take up arms. Therefore, when my fighting instinct kicked in, I realized that I was born to be a Dragonskeeter, a flying breathing dragon hybrid, a human that turns into a dragon by twilight and flies with shield and sword weilding to destroy zombies.

These people are highly adaptable. But on the other hand, I haven't completed the transformation, because it only wears off at morning.

Although most dragon hybrids are complete flying machines, and have formed a secret alliance with the zombies (for control of the land and water where the brain eating monsters thrive)

I am forced to go at it alone in order to fight the zombies where they most congregate, places like. insane asylums, gyms, and other desrted areas that were once inhabited by humans before the zombies took over. 

I found myself clawing and tearing at the zombies, warning them that if they hurt my family, or the precious dragon skeeters, who I am partly one of, (I'm in the process of winning the dragon skeeters over to tell them to fight the zombies and a find a cure to restore them to their proper human personas before time runs out and the amoeba multiplies or becomes immune to all biological human systems).

In this pre-Apocalypse genre, who will win the dragon skeeters or the zombies?

Will the amoeba parasite be destroyed?