Prologue

Atramentous.

I couldn't see a wall or a window. I couldn't see a streaking light; not from a light bulb or a slither low enough to hint at a door being somewhere close. I didn't even know whether it was morning or evening.

There were no sounds except for my rapidly thundering heart against my chest. It felt like it was trying to jump out my chest and run for the hills. Lord knows that's what I would of done had my ankles not of been bound to the legs of a chair. From wiggling my legs so much I'm certain to have got at least eight splinters, telling me it has to be wooden. Combine the splinters with the burn marks from the rope, and my legs felt numb to the core; my bones ached.

I couldn't smell anything except for paint and...Gasoline? Why do I smell gasoline?!

Wherever I was had to be underground. It was cool despite the humid July heat I experienced before being...kidnapped? I could feel the Goosebumps on my flesh and the chill shaking my bones with every sudden burst of air. Was it air-conditioned? If that's the case, I’m in someone's house.

But whose?

I heard the soft creak of a door opening followed by the creak of wooden stairs once weight was being put on one. Someone is coming down here.

To say I was frightened wouldn't be specific enough. If I wasn't so tightly restrained by ropes I would be trembling. I almost wanted to pee on myself from the fear of not knowing what was about to happen. Uncertainty has always been my greatest fear, right along with not being able to control how things turned out. Right now, both of those were negative. Every second felt like a millennium, every step another moment to the unknown ahead.

I felt a presence around me, but I couldn't see anything. The creaking stopped, being replaced with the previous eerie silence my ears weren’t accustomed to. Growing up in the large city of New York, silence was never experienced in the quietest of locations. My heart was running; it felt like a mini, not deadly, heart attack. Add my ragged breathing and sweaty palms, maybe it was a panic attack.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered out, swallowing the rapidly building saliva. My leg twitched along with my arm as my head jerked forward. Eyes scrunched, I tried to make out any silhouettes but came out with nothing. "Is someone there?"

No response- but my heart and breathing completely stopped when I felt someone breathing on my neck. I instinctively tried to move my hands in order to grasp the person and restrain them, ignoring the burns I received. I felt a tight pressure all across my stomach, which was bare now that I realized. Was a rope tied around there too? It had to be.

The unknown person’s breath was warm against my neck-a nice contrast to the icy cold I was receiving before- as his lips met the flesh against my neck. I was too in shock to say anything. His lips were soft, not too wet, something I would have enjoyed this had the situation been different. He placed the kisses all around my neck, licking with his tongue in certain areas, as tears streamed freely from my eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" I managed to whimper.

No response.

"Who are you?" I whispered, fighting a moan as his teeth lightly grazed my weak spot in the side of my neck.

He didn't respond. For a brief- very brief- seconds I wondered if this was a Man, by how gentle the touch was, but realizing the ignorance in wondering something like that at a time like this I pushed it apart.

I heard fumbling sounds as if they were looking for something.

Then, a light turned on and I saw his face.

He was...beautiful. Stunningly, breath-takingly, painfully...beautiful. His skin was kisses by the sun, his almond eyes quickly mesmerizing me with the hazel color, and a head of luscious curls I could imagine holding onto all night. He was...gorgeous.

Then, remembering the situation, all of my attraction seemed to evaporate into oblivion. He didn't speak, just look in my eyes. It felt like he was gazing into my soul, deep, deep in my heart to the things no one can see with a glance. My mouth was suddenly dry as I attempted to speak. I wanted to close my eyes, but for some reason I feared doing that. I felt like I needed to memorize every angel of his face, right down to the mole at the corner of his left eye.

"W-W-What a-are you doing this for?" I stuttered, teeth chattering even though my body felt like a furnace.

"You've messed with too many hearts." His accent sent tingles through my spine, the gentle rasp in his voice making me hang on to ever syllable.

"I'm sorry." If the words were true or not, I don't know. What I do know, is I'll do anything-or anyone- to get out of this predicament.

"No you're not." He twisted his head to the side maniacally, a movement I only saw once on an episode of Family Guy when Stewie did it. He took his his index and middle fingers, moving a stray piece of hair out of my face that had was making my nose itch. He frowned when I flinched away, but ignored it and continued to speak. "I'm going to teach you to stop, by showing you exactly how it feels to used...only worse."

Well, at least he was being honest. Blunt, but honest. Insert eye roll and sarcasm here.

"What are you going to do?" I asked, surprised at myself I didn't stutter.

"Oh, you’ll see." He responded, an evil smirk on his face. He left the bed and I was in the dark again.

"Wait!" I called, straining my head to see nothing.

"Yes?" I heard him ask along with the creak of the stairs and door.

"Can you at least tell me your name?"

"Prince." And I heard the door close, followed by various locks being put back into place.

I was trapped.