Chapter 3 - That Night

His POV

They say love is magical. A simple hug, a simple touch, a simple smile or laugh from someone you love can easily make your gloomy day shine. Isn't that powerful? How can a simple feeling change your mood from lowest to highest?

They say when it comes to love, it is worth the pain. They say it's a drug that will make you numb with every pain and will make you feel like you can do whatever it takes just for that someone. It was the sweetest feeling you could ever felt, yet the most bitter too.

You can't take love without the pain it brings. Maybe that's what makes love stronger, the pain. But isn't that weird? We cry our hearts out for someone who made us the happiest person. We feel pain because of someone who makes us feel loved. We broke into pieces because of someone who completes us.

If there is something I learned about life and love, it is that when you love someone you are giving him or her the permission to destroy you, the whole you.

That's why I can't understand why people take the risk of falling in love considering that from the word itselfㅡ fall, isn't that painful? Why do people still love even if they know that it would just destroy them? Weird creatures.

Thus, I never believed in fairy tales and love stories, pinapaasa lang ng mga storyang yan ang mga weird creatures. Love isn't as sweet as how people think it is. If you come to think of it, all of the people who feel love also feel pain. Sinong tao ang gustong masaktan? Foolish, it is a foolish act to fall in love.

I arranged my things, put the book I was reading inside my bag, and went out of my room, just in time when my maid was about to knock on my door.

"Shane?" I asked Aling Lani about my younger sis as I closed the door behind me.

"Hindi pa po gising, Sir Shone." she replied. This is the first day of school, is she planning to go AWOL? I went to Shane's room then Aling Lani spoke behind me.

"Ayaw niya daw pong pumasok, Sir." sabi sakin nung maid. This can't be. I knocked on her door but I hear no response inside the room.

"Shane." I tried opening the door but it was locked. Kumatok ako ng malakas sa pinto, she's being a brat again.

"Shut up Kuya!" I heard she say and a sigh escaped my lips.

"Susi?" sabi ko, umalis ang maid to get the spare key and gave it to me. I went in and nakita ko siyang nakahiga pa, nakatalukbong ng kumot and by the looks of her, she doesn't really have plans of going to school.

"Wake up." may diin kong sinabi habang nakatayo sa gilid ng kama niya.

"I don't want to go." inaantok niya pang sabi. I pulled her blanket away, forcing her to wake up, but I saw something on her face, kahit tinakpan niya yun ng mabilis hindi ako pwedeng magkamali, may pasa siya sa mukha niya. Hinawakan ko yung kamay niya at iniharap siya sakin.

"It's nothing, Kuya!" medyo naiinis niyang sabi. She's being defensive, when will she change? Tsk.

"Cat fight?"

"Either nakipag-away ako or not, it's none of your business." sabi niya tapos nagtaklob ulit siya ng kumot which I pulled away once more.

"I'll tell Mom."

"Argh! Mom shouldn't know because she WON'T care!" inis-na inis niyang sabi sakin. She threw her glares at me but I just stared back at her, tapos padabog na siyang tumayo ng kama niya and walked out.