Chapter 34

*Juliet POV*

Its treacherous Monday morning and I am standing in the bathroom brushing through my rats nest of hair. My head jerks to the movement of the brush. Right when I am about to set it down on the counter, a knock is sounded at the door. I glance into my bedroom to see the time on the alarm clock to make sure its not one of the guys warning me that I'm going to be late. With at least 15 minutes left until the first bell, I realize that it must be about something else.

I stumble into the baseboard as I round the corner. The pain from the impact shoots up my toe and I let out a few cursed words as I hop on one foot to the door. I open it and find out that my jaw has dropped to the floor.

"That's not something a proper lady should be saying." Logan stands in front of me with a sarcastic-disapproving look on his face. It quickly changes into a joyful laugh as I wrap my arms around him in an embrace.

"When did you get back?" I was so glad to have him back. Who would have ever thought that one plane ride could give you such a close friend, because I surely didn't.

His laugh fills my ears once again as I step away from him. "Just last night, really late." He ruffles my hair, "Are you going to get ready so we can go get a coffee? Or, do I have to go get one alone?" I take his hand and drag him inside before running off to finish getting ready.

I look into the mirror after I finished pulling my hair into a side ponytail. With my red long sleeve shirt, navy capris and old Converse that I just slipped on, I am perfectly ready for another Monday at school. I never care to get dressed up for a school day because I'm not really their to impress anyone. Plus, none of them would even take a second look at a poor girl from Georgia.

As I stepped into the living room, I see Logan looking through the fashion magazine that Rebecca let me borrow. His eyes just scan the pages quickly before he turns the pages. I walk forward to grab my backpack that is resting against the back of the couch and Logan gets up once he spots me.

"You ready?" Logan heads in the direction of the door after I nod my head. We walk through the halls as the regular morning carries on for the other guys. Many of them still struggle to get ready in the morning, with their bed-head hair and their half dressed torsos. I look out of the corner of my eye to spot Logan eying a guy who is hopping on one foot while tying his shoe. I note his well dressed appearance and think if he is gay as well. Though, he may just be a guy with great style. Yet, I secretly wished he was gay just so one of my friends can experience a love life. I sigh as we continue our way to class.

***

Lunch rolls around slower than I have hoped for. Mondays are always the worst of days. Not only is it the ending of the weekend, but I also seem to be even more discombobulated and clumsy than usual. I realized that I forgot my math notebook on my coffee table, I walked to the wrong class for second period, and I am constantly tripping on classroom chairs.

Though, the worst of it all was the constant reminder of Jason and the picture. I don't think I even got through five minutes without hearing someone in class talking about it. A few of my friends even asked me if I knew who the mystery girl maybe. I remember over hearing them guessing that it was probably Rachel in a wig, maybe even a movie star, or a foreign model. Though, all the guesses were wrong, I still feared that one of them would undercover the truth.

As I walk towards my lunch table from the food line, I wasn't paying attention to what was happening around me. The result of that was me tripping over a students backpack and spilling my spaghetti meal all over a blond covered head. I regained my balance just in time to hear a shrieking sound. My eyes widened as I turned and locked on Rachel's spaghetti covered body.