A Shot of Aiden

A/N: This is a quick Aiden short dedicated to one of my very favorite wattpad besties: NeverTrustADuck. She is the one person who consistently reminds me to never forget about Aiden, the heartbreaker of Wolfgard. He will be featured in his own full length novel (Catch, Curse, Regroup) very soon. =c]

This story (and the wily captain) is all for you, Mags! 

*

*

*

A Shot of Aiden

Aiden McKenna, captain of the immortal warriors of Wolfgard, crouched low in the field of rose and purple-colored heather. The blooms tickled the immortal’s nose, reminding him of the good time he’d past last night rolling around in a similar field with nothing but a hot naked female between him and the fragrant grass. Female wolves enjoyed sexual encounters under the open sky. Aiden had absolutely no problems with it either, but unfortunately for him, the females’ mates and fathers minded quite a bit.

The Fenrir sent out to hunt him down this morning had past him some time ago, each man shifted into his wolf form for faster travel. The captain of Wolfgard’s elite guard could have taken the five young wolves without breaking a sweat but he hadn’t wanted to start a clan war today. His cousin, king and ruler of Wolfgard, wasn’t exactly in the best of moods of late and he was trying to be considerate.

In Aiden’s opinion, he couldn’t see what Eric found so irritating about the parade of women lining up outside the gates of Wolfgard every summer. The opportunity to sample such a luscious array of beautiful females in their prime (a new one each night if he so desired) seemed like a great way to spend the long sultry nights. Eric often complained about Aiden not understanding because he wasn’t king and could choose any female he wished to marry, but that wasn’t entirely true. Aiden understood exactly why Eric turned away every woman that graced his doorstep – what he didn’t get was why he couldn't partake in a mutually good time before sending a well-satisfied lass back home? Perhaps if his cousin let them down easy with a well placed kiss and good roll in the sheets, they wouldn’t leave half so heartbroken.   

Then again, he wasn’t king so what did he know? He was just grateful he could choose whom he wanted to fall into bed with each night – though perhaps choosing the captain of the Fenrir guard’s wife and two eldest daughters hadn’t been the most prudent choice.

At least he hadn’t taken them at the same time.

He’d travelled to the Fenrir territory at Eric’s request – to formally extend an invitation of welcome to Lord Oren’s daughter set for the following summer, when she would become of age. It was not something Eric was overly excited about, but his duty was to Wolfgard and he would always see the right thing done. As custom dictated, Eric had sent the invitation with his best warrior and captain of his guard. Aiden had arrived two nights earlier to formally extend the welcome of Wolfgard to Lady Meghan and her men.  

Captain Randor’s wife had attended the welcoming feast, cornering him and offering a personal invitation for a decidedly pleasant evening. He’d taken the gorgeous wolf up on her offer, but ran into her twin daughters as he was leaving their estate. The pull of the pretty twins, recently turned twenty and entering their prime, and their stunning mother was too much even for him to resist. It had been more than fun sneaking around with each female, none of whom knew about the others - at least until the twins caught him nuzzling their half-naked mother in the pantry. While the she-wolves turned on one another, Aiden took the opportunity to slip away and head back to Wolfgard before the news made its way to Captain Randor’s ear.