Part 2

Enjoy Part two. Please, please comment and vote! What do you think the final part could possibly contain?

Two Hours Later

My hands are shaking, they're drenched too. The only light that is left is the light at the end of the tunnel, the glowing outline of a box in the far distance. The outside, freedom. Something screeches behind me. I turn, knowing full well my eyes would be met with nothing more than the black hellhole I just managed to escape.

Chase is gone, Jasper too—it's only me left, only me to see the light at the end of the tunnel. As I stand still the moisture from my hands drips and splatters on the rocky surface. I know that fluid isn't water. The smell is much too salty for that. It's blood—my blood. I'm not a hundred percent sure what happened back there. In fact, a lot of my memory seems to be missing, but now I can see the light at the end, an exit, an exit I thought I'd never find.

I limp towards it slowly, my leg hurt, my arm is cut, and I feel light-headed. The screech happens again. I don't even turn around. The darkness isn't kind on my eyes and I want nothing to do with it.

Step after step, I draw closer and closer until I'm right under the light, right under the bright square. It's a trapdoor, a wooden hatch, and it's above me. My hands go forward and touch a ladder directly in front of me, something I couldn't see in the darkness. A flash, a memory, something recent.

It's me screaming. I have Chase's hands in mine. His blue eyes are looking right back at me, but there's not much life left in them. His fingers aren't squeezing back anymore. I'm crying. I'm screaming. The sound of tearing flesh fills the void. Warm briny air comes after and his fingers slip in mine. His body is dragged under the wall into a small opening.

I cry, sucking in the salty air as my fingers wrap around a timber beam. Shaking, I lead my fingers up to some kind of old lantern we had found earlier. I flick it back on; to find the hole he was pulled into is gone, like a trapdoor has closed. I continue to sob and shake as I take my hand off the beam and look towards the other side of the room.

I'm back, the memory gone, but tears are running down my cheeks again, even if I'm not actually sad anymore. I put my other hand on the ladder and ascend. So many terrible things happened down there and now I'm the only one left. Jasper, Chase, Emily... they're all dead. I push against the hatch and sunlight floods in.

My eyes quickly dilate in response and I temporarily go blind with the extreme change. I squeeze my eyes shut and pull myself up and out. I'm unable to see where I am, but as I climb out into the fresh air I feel my body collapse over rocks and roll onto grass. I open my eyes and stare up at shadows created by the surrounding trees, and at rays of light flooding down into my unprepared eyes.

A blurry face appears above me. It's a blond haired girl, short with a filthy white tank top and jeans. I breathe slowly and watch the face. She found me... it found me... so I didn't escape after all, I wasn't able to get away, and I thought I was finally free.

The face, the girl, she smiles down at me and reaches her hand out to mine. I shade my eyes with one hand and reach the other up. I forget which one I put up for her. She grabs without looking, feels the moisture, and screams, "What the fuck is that Jenny!" letting go. She moves away flapping her hand as if to fling all the blood off it. I help myself up, only able to get myself into a seated position.

The fresh air is nice, the breeze is good, but I'm still weak and spooked. I can't see who it is too clear. I look at the girl, who's trying her best to wipe the blood off on the grass. "Emily?" I say, finally getting better vision on her. It is indeed her, she's alive and well, not even a scratch on her.