It's a messed up world =]

"And that's why it's so realistic, because Steinbeck uses REAL places. I mean we all know that Hogwarts isn't real and that vampires don't really exist...."

Yeah... I thought to myself SURE vamps aren't real. That's as much as you know... I silently said to my English teacher, who was prattling on about Steinbeck's use of descriptive settings- again.

(In case you haven't noticed, Im a vampire. No, I don't sleep, yes, I drink blood, yes im super strong - which by the way, is seriously cool! And no, I don't want to be a vampire. I just didn't have a choice, so basically it was immortality or a few thousand years in a wood box under the ground getting eaten by bugs and God knows what else... Yuk.)

I'd heard it all before, and honestly this was too much. I got my phone out under the table and slid it up quietly, checking the time for what was probably the hundredth time.

I looked up quickly whilst putting my phone back into my pocket, checking that the teacher was still going on about Steinbeck and that Lois wasn't watching me on my phone again.

Lois was, to the whole school, the IT girl. To me (and maybe a few others who didn't make it so clear they hated her) she was just an ordinary slut. Nothing special and a total geek in classes.

I jumped out of my trance as someone knocked on the door loudly. Uh oh, I thought to myself. Whoever it is has a death wish; nobody dares interrupt Pamela Lewis (head of English) and doesn't get a mouthful of abuse off of her. It's kinda funny, when it's not me interrupting her haha

"Ah yes... you must be the new student here... a Mr. Jason Lee, yes?" She said quietly, not knowing that the whole class was listening in instead of reading the stupid handouts she'd given us.

"Yeah, that's right... sorry I'm late Miss" he grumbled pathetically. Poor kid, he sounded bored already. I looked up... and my mouth literally fell open. He was amazing. His long-ish dark brown hair swept over his perfect chocolate brown eyes. His lips were a deep pink, and looked absolutely delicious too; but there was something else, he looked so familiar, but I couldn't think where I'd seen him before

.

"Just don't do it again. Now where can you sit...?" She asked herself more than him, and the female population of the class quickly scanned the classroom, looking for empty seats for this new kid to sit in. I just kept racking my brain as to where I'd seen him before. The surname was familiar too, but that was easy: Rosie Lee, my best friend. She was the only one outside of my family who knew my secret. The best thing was, I didn't even tell her; she guessed.

----- Flashback starts -----

First day of high school. I walked into maths (late) and got told off by the teacher, Derek Williams. He's like, the coolest teacher here at Berwyn, but does get annoyed if you're late. He put me to sit by Rosie. She seemed a total geek at first, always answering questions, over-excited when she got picked to answer them, but she seemed different, not exactly human, but not really anything I'd seen before. Although she seemed a geek. She looked nothing like one. She had long blond hair which she straightened every morning without fail, bright baby blue eyes that shined and a curvy body. She was amazing in P.E and I was glad to be on her team when we played volleyball or something. Im good at sports, don't get me wrong, but Rosie is very competitive, and it was kinda funny.

I've always been able to sense things about people. Mostly I sense if they're human or not, or little things like when they lie. But after a couple of lessons, I could tell that Rosie never lied. So we became friends, sat next to each other at lunch and in some lessons. She was very observant and quick witted.

"So why are you so quiet?" She whispered to me in maths a couple weeks later.

"Am I? I don't really notice" I answered normally, not bothering to lower my voice. Derek might be a cool teacher, but when he gets into talking about division, there's no stopping him.

"Yeah, you are. And it's more than that. Your different Roxy, in a good way" She went back to listening about the different equations for finding 'X', something I'd heard about a million times, but I didn't. I knew, after those 7 words, she was a genuine friend- one I could trust.

"Come to mine after school? Im doing this project in mythology (the one class we didn't have together as it was one of my chosen subjects as I came into year 11- she picked photography) and I don't really get it, fancy helping me?" I hated lying to her, but it would help let her know what I am. What I hate being ever since my whole family died a few hundred years ago in the fire, with only me surviving. She had known something was wrong with me, and she agreed quietly, not saying much in the rest of the lessons- just concentrating; but whether she was concentrating on working me out or the actually school work, I guess I'll never know.

I made up the project about vampires and I could tell she was working it out at mine later that day. After an hour of looking up research on my laptop about vampires she suddenly looked at me and whispered so low I don't think she even heard herself, "You're a vampire aren't you?" I just smiled at her and answered "Would it bother you if I was?", and she just shook her head and we talked about vampires for the rest of the evening, as if nothing had changed. It was the best day I'd had since becoming a vampire.

------ Flashback Ends -------

My flashback was interrupted as a chair screeched nosily as someone pulled it out from under one of the desks and sat down in front of me. Crap. I thought to myself. Why put him to sit there?? I groaned quietly to myself and cursed my English teacher under my breath. I don't think I did it quietly enough though, and Jason turned around and smiled at me, and I knew, that if I could breathe, that I would've stopped then and there. Just by seeing his smile. He turned back around and started listening to the teacher lecturing us about Steinbeck.

This year has just gotten interesting Roxy, I told myself whilst smiling to myself.

Let me know what you think (: I don't know if it's any good though so yano lol. Let me know if you want me to carry on with it or not =] Vicky Anne... xoxo