One Crazy Summer

A/N: Hello lovely readers! This is my first story here on Wattpad! I hope it turns out a success! Constructive critism is fine, but please no rude comments. I'm young and I know I'm not the best writer, but I love doing it! So please keep rude comments to yourself...? :) Enjoy!

Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living. That's life; a crazy, scary, confusing, hell of a road that everyone must follow. Even when you don't exactly want to:

"Are you serious?" Kai's extraordinary blue eye's widdened. This conversation wasn't exactly an easy one to have, especially with your best friend.

"Yes! For the third time!" I was beginning to get annoyed. Kai Levingston may be my "other half", but sometime's he was just plain irritating.

"But that's so not fair! We've been planning for this summer since the beginning of tenth grade!" His voice was high and whiny. I don't like high and whiny. However it was true. Kai and his family had invited me to go to their beach house for the summer, but I was being shipped off to my father's house instead.

I rolled my eyes and pulled my thick, blonde hair into a high ponytail. June in Jacksonville wasn't very pleasant.

"There's nothing I can do about it! My mom is dead set on the idea! Beside's, you know my mom. She's not the-" my mind searched for words, "-nicest egg in the carton." Kai looked aggravated. I guess in upsetting times like this he doesn't enjoy our silly third grade humor. I tried a small smile, but his face remained blank.  "Sorry." I muttered under my breath. We continued walking down the street, the hot sun beaming on my pale skin. I swear I could feel a drop of sweat rolling down my spine.

"Want to come to my house then?"  I could hear the entreaty tone in Kai's voice.

"I wish. I have to start packing though." Now my voice was sounding high and whiny.

"Fine. Go on you pretty little procrastinater."

I stook my tounge out playfully at him and he turned around in his black and white converse sneakers.

"Maybe we can go next summer! Or when I get home!" I yelled after him. He waved his hands in the air.

"Yeah, yeah." I heard him say. Irritating. Just plain irritating.

***

I flopped onto my firm, queen sized bed in a huge pile of clothing, books, makeup, and other vacation nessecities. I hate packing, Always have, always will. Especially if it was for a vacation I don't even want to go on! Sadly, I had no choice. If my mom wants something, she'll get it. She wasn't the one going anywhere anyways! Shipping me out to my dad's place in Miami, in her opinion, was a great bonding opportunity for me and my father, who I haven't seen in seven years. Bonding my ass. Any letter I send, he doesn't reply. Any phone call I make, he ignores. I just stopped trying a long time ago. So if I go out there, he probably won't talk to me anymore than he does now.

My thoughts were interupted when my little sister Kayla came bursting into my room.

"Camilla! Camilla! Look at what mommy made me!" Kayla's blonde pigtails swayed violently as she jumped up and down. She shoved an abstract painting straight in my face. Pink, purple, blue, and green popped in elegant stripes and squares. My mother's rough signature was scribbled in the bottom right corner.

"Wow Kayla, it's so pretty!" I tried sounding enthusiastic. With my mom being an artist, I've seen every colour combonation, pattern, setting, flower, naked lady, and face in the whole world. To me, this was just another one.

My mother's tiny sillouette appeared in the doorway. "You like it?" she asked with a smile.

"Yeah, it's great. As usual." I said smiling. Kayla skipped away, humming a terribly off-key version of some crazy Ke$ha song. It's funny how a six year old listens to and artist like her. My mom folded her paint-covered arms across her chest and looked at the heap of crap on my bed, eyebrows raised. She looked me in the eyes.

"Camilla, honey, you're leaving tomorrow. If I were you I'd get those bags packed." she sounded disappointed.

"I know, I know!" I began folding a floral patterned, strapless dress from American Eagle, trying to pretend I cared. I guess my mother saw through it.

"Honey, I know you don't want to go to your father's but it's for the best! He really wants to see you!" What? How would she know?

"How would you know?" That came out more harsh than I wanted. My mother looked confused.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Do you mean that he answers your phone calls, replies to your letters?"

My mother nodded, still looking puzzled.

"That stupid bastard." I muttered under my breath. Shit, my mom heard. Her eyes widened. She opened her mouth to argue, then sighed and slammed my door shut.

Great. I have pissed mom, and pissed best friend. This seems like the start of one crazy summer.

~~~

OOOOOKKK, I know it's rough but I'm never good at beginnings :S I don't really know if I'm going to continue this story. I have all the plans but I still don't know. OH it may seem cliche but I promise it will (HOPEFULLY) turn out good! :D So please COMMENT. VOTE. ADD TO YOUR READING LIST. FAN. PROMOTE! Haha thank you guys! :D

xoxo

-DyingToLiveAgain~