~Dinner with the Moon (Part 1)~

TEAM DEMETRA OR TEAM SERENITY?

This chapter is dedicated to the awesome fan who started the team rivalries haha. Well done. 

________________________________________________________________________________ 

  "I miss you." I said to Dad who was clothed in a white robe. A slight smile twitched as his lips and as I tried to walk close to him, his figure began to disappear. I stopped walking and watched in absolute sorrow.

"Dad. I miss you Dad. Don't go yet please." I begged. His face continued growing faint and his arms and legs began to fade into the whiteness of the robe.

"Wait!" I pleaded. I felt myself sinking to the ground, hugging my feet to my chest, like a child. As the cold breeze sent shivers up my arms and legs I woke up to an open window. I could have sworn I closed it before going to bed.

I got up, still shivering and closed the window. I stared out into the tree by my window and the movement of the leaves in the wind sunk my heart for some odd reason. There was no one to warm them, no blankets for them to cover with. They would just fall off come winter, they would wither up and die.

I got a thick sheet from my closet and threw it on my bed before cuddling under it. The dream hit me twice as hard as when I was dreaming it and I turned my head into my pillow and sobbed myself back to sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Morning mom." I greeted walking downstairs, fully dressed and ready to leave for school.

She smiled sincere and went back to making breakfast. I decided this was the best time to tell her. "Mom, can I have someone over for dinner?" I asked standing in front of her. She took bread out of the toaster and set it down on a napkin before replying.

"Sure sweetie. Who are you bringing?"

"Umm... Demetra." I said hesitantly. I took up one of the toasts and bit into half so that my mouth was full. I knew she had 20 questions going through her head by now.

"Oh darling! The girl you have been hanging out with? I finally get to meet her?" I began chewing on the toast slowly, the plain bread didn't taste that good without butter or juice to wash it down. I stared at mom waiting for her to finish.

"Does this mean you two are getting serious? Should I make a big dinner? What's her name?"

I looked up at the ceiling, wincing at the dry toast scratching against my throat.

"How does she look dear? Do you know what her favorite food is? Huh, honey?" I continued to chew staring at mom with uninterested eyes. When would she stop?

"Oh, I'm going to make my special punch!" She said excited. I choked coughing chunks of bread into my hand.

"Don't make the punch!" I pleaded. I threw the bread away and washed my hands then rinsed my mouth with some orange juice.

"Why not?" She asked looking slightly sad. I didn't want to disappoint her by reminding her that the punch gave me diarrhea the last time.

"Nothing. Go ahead make it." I assured her. Her face was back to its cheerful smile and her blue eyes scanned the kitchen excited to see what else she could do to make the dinner absolutely perfect.

I kissed her cheek and left before she pelted me with more questions. My bag pack and coat found me and remained elevated in the air until I grasped them both. Mom looked at me in amazement still not used to the whole power thing. I laughed before walking out the door.