Craving Normal

"Kelly, Kelly, Kelly." A voice whispered. I looked around to see that I was in my house.

            "Hello?" I asked loudly, wondering how I got in my house. Last thing I remembered I was sleeping in a hotel with my aunt and uncle.

           I rose up from my bed and walked over to my bedroom door. The floor creaked beneath my feet after every step I took. Why had I never noticed that before? I had a limp due to the stitches in my leg from the gunshot wound. They recommended crutches but they were so uncomfortable and I could just limp my way around just fine. As soon as my hand touched the doorknob, a violent shock rushed through my body. I felt my back hit the floor as I stared up at my ceiling in shock. What just happened? The burning smell of my flesh filled the air.

          I glanced down at my hand to see that it was swollen and blistering. Yellowish white pus seeping from reddened blisters on my hand. The voltage must have been high on whatever shocked me. Then I thought back to the tricks Kyle used with doorknobs and my heart started to race, remembering the horrors that were still replaying in my mind.

          "Hello, Kelly. Long time no see." A voice echoed my room as I managed to get to my feet

           I whirled around and nearly fell over again at who I saw. Kyle walked out of the darkness and shadows of the corner of my room. I backed away from him and was about to call for help when he said, "No one is here but us, Sweetie."

         It was happening all over again, he was here, inside my house. Was he going to kidnap me again or worst kill me since he got caught? How did he escape prison and did the police know? My heart was racing a mile a minute as more and more questions flooded my brain. I wasn't ready to see him again.

       "How? How did you escape prison?" I asked, tears filling my eyes.

       "Not again." I kept repeating in my mind. This couldn't be real, but it was. I felt the pain; I can see Kyle with my very own eyes. I just couldn't understand how this could happen and why the police weren't here to save me.

          "You really think a worthless, trashy little prison can hold me? I know every inch of that prison. I can escape from any place I want. Now let's get down to why I'm here." He smirked.

         "Get away from me!" I protested when he took a step forward.

            He threw his hands up in defense and said, "You know for once, I will listen. You can't go anywhere. So fine, I'll back up." He took a couple steps back and leaned up again the wall, resting on foot on the wall with his arms crossed.

           "Now what?" He asked.

           "You're one who wanted to talk. How did I get here?" I asked, my own bedroom looking so familiar yet so different.

           "I brought you here. You were sleeping in a hotel and I thought you may want to sleep in your own bed after being away from so long." He smiled.

           "I'm not finished with you yet. I told you we would be together forever and I intend on keeping that promise." He added, seeing the confusion on my face.

          "I'm not going with you. The police will catch you before you can even get away from this house." I protested, my hand still throbbing and bleeding onto my carpet.

          "I don't think the police will be looking here when they got a call from someone in Denver saying that I was spotted there. And do you hear me asking if you wanted to come?" He asked as he cocked his head at me.