Chapter 43

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 40 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, message me for the link!

=======

Eros started playing on his guitar, his eyes focused on me. A member of the band that had been playing all night handed me a microphone, which felt heavy in my hands. I looked into the cafeteria, feeling a bit nervous about all of this. I didn’t recognize the song, which made me anxious. What if Eros expected me to start singing and I didn’t know the words? But then his voice sounded and I relaxed. I did know the song: Two Is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls and Taylor Swift.

“I remember what you wore on the first day. You came into my life and I thought ‘Hey, you know, this could be something’ ’Cause everything you do and words you say, you know that it all takes my breath away. And now I'm left with nothing…” His voice sounded strangely soothing. He had a deep husky voice when he sang and it sounded really amazing and sexy. I saw several girls shooting me envious looks. Sheila looked like she was ready to jump on stage and kill me in front of everyone. At least she was back to her old self…

The chorus started then, and that was my cue. The moment Eros opened his mouth to sing the first words, I chimed in. “So maybe it's true that I can't live without you. And maybe two is better than one. But there's so much time to figure out the rest of my life. And you've already got me coming undone. And I'm thinking two is better than one…” I smiled at Eros. I had no idea how, but somehow he had known I knew the words to this song.

“I remember every look upon your face, the way you roll your eyes, the way you taste…” I continued, realizing Eros was letting me have this one. I looked into the room, meeting Simon’s eyes. He was looking at me with a mixture of admiration, attraction and something like panic. “You make it hard for breathing. ’Cause when I close my eyes and drift away, I think of you and everything's okay. I'm finally now believing…” The chorus started and now Eros joined me again.

Our voices sounded really good together, I realized. I wasn’t looking to Simon anymore, I was gazing at Eros, who hadn’t taken his eyes off of me. When the chorus was over, Eros had two more lines on his own. He got up from his chair, but he kept playing his guitar. I held the mike in front of him so he could keep singing.

“I remember what you wore on the first day. You came into my life and I thought, ‘Hey,’” His voice was warm and full of love, or so it seemed. When the chorus started for the last time, we sang together, him playing the guitar and me holding the microphone so we could both use it. Our eyes were on each other, the room full of people forgotten. I couldn’t believe he had picked out such a sweet love song to sing with me. I couldn’t believe he had somehow known which song to pick and that I would like to sing with him. It felt amazing to be up there with him. His voice was enchanting, making it impossible for me to look away.

“And I'm thinking I can't live without you. ’Cause, baby, two is better than one. There's so much time to figure out the rest of my life. But I've figured out when all is said and done, two is better than one.” He smiled at me and stepped back to let me have the last line.
“Two is better than one…”

When the song was finished and Eros had set down his guitar, the whole room was quiet. I think it was because no one knew how to react. I hadn’t expected Eros to sing a song like this. Hell, I hadn’t even expected him to sing at all. He was looking at me now with smoldering eyes, a really cute smile on his face. How did he manage to look so cute, dark and sexy all at the same time? He held out his hand for me to take. I only hesitated for a second – and to be honest I think the hesitation was more likely to be an emotion of Simon's that I was experiencing, rather than something I was feeling myself. There is no way any girl could ever resist a guy who sang a love song with her. It is just physically impossible.