Chapter 43

"Good morning sleepy head." I referred to the half-awake Harry that was stumbling into the kitchen.

"Morning." He replied back, rubbing his eyes. "I didn't realize how tired I was."

"I can tell, it's almost 11am." I said, pouring Cheerios into a bowl for Harry.

"Fuck, what about school?" He replied frantically. Wow he actually cares for once?

"I figured we'd take a day off. I only have 2 more absences before I have to go to summer school." I said, rolling my eyes, handing him his bowl of cereal and milk.

"How kind of you." He said, almost sarcastically.

"I'll be glad to take it back."

"I'm kidding, thank you." He said, grabbing my face and kissing my cheek.

We both sat down at the table in silence. Up until now I tried not to think about what happened. It's hard though. Just knowing you took someone's life nearly kills me inside. Even though he's taken other people's lives, it just doesn't feel right.

But then again, maybe I saved someone else's life. Alex could've had everything planned, maybe he had plans to kill others too.

Guess well never find out.

"Jessamine!" Harry snapped me out of my thoughts.

I nearly jumped out of my chair and looked forcefully at him.

"Sorry." I managed to spit out.

"Stop." He said, dropping the spoon into the bowl dramatically.

"What?"

"Stop thinking. Stop blaming yourself. I can see it in your expressions." He said, taking my hands in his. "Everything happens for a reason."

"Yeah I guess you're right." I sighed.

"When am I not?" He said with a wink. He likes ruining sweet moments doesn't he.

"Shutup, Styles." I replied, dropping his hands.

"You're cute when you try to be mean." He said, smirking.

"You're not." I said with a laugh.

"I'll agree on that." He said, sliding back the chair and dropping his bowl into the sink.

"So what's up for today?" He asked, making himself comfortable on my couch.

"Can we go to your place?" I asked, curling up beside him.

"What for?" He asked.

"I want to see Melissa, I haven't seen her since that party...."

"Okay." He nodded in agreement.

"Well we have about 2 hours before she gets out of school." He said questioningly.

"I don't feel like doing anything, I don't feel too good." I said, changing my position as I lay my head on Harry's lap. His fingers twirling my hair.

"That's fine." He said, picking up the remote.

"Wait- can we just stay like this for a minute?" I asked quietly.

He hesitated as he set it down and went back to twirling my hair.

"Anything for you."

----------

"It's half past 2, maybe we should get going if you want to see her." Harry's deep voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Fine. But Im so comfortable." I said, making a pouty face, earning a chuckle from him.

"Lets go lazy, get dressed." He said jokingly.

"You're not coming with me." I replied, pushing him back down onto the couch. It made me laugh to see the surprised look on his face.

I quickly ran up to my room before he could catch me and locked the door.

Walking to my messy dresser, I picked up a pair of denim shorts and a white fringe top. I also put on my neon orange bikini underneath, just in case we went swimming. For some reason I really wanted to.

"You're so dead once you unlock this door." Harry called, rattling the door handle.

I found it funny and unlocked the door, knowing he was joking.

"That's is, lets go." Harry said, picking me up into his arms and carrying me down the stairs.

I squeal as he squeezed my side, scared he would drop me instantly.

"Harry!" I laughed.

"I'll give you a deal. Kiss me and I'll let go." He said smirking.

"You'll have to beg." I said crossing my arms. By now we reached the bottom of the stairs and he just stood there, holding me bridal style.

"Harry Styles doesn't beg." He said shaking his head.

"He does now." I replied.

Without a word he pressed his lips to mine. He tasted like cinnamon and it drove me crazy.

Seconds later he pulled away and set me down gently.

"I told you I don't beg." He said with a smile.

"Shutup."

"Make me." He replied, knowing what he meant.

I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed his wrist, pulling him outside to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~

Two updates in two days? Yayyy

Sorry it's not the most interesting chapter, but the next one will be

CONTEST kinda-
Looking for a new cover for this, not sure if I'll change it or not but I'm curious :)
Make one and tweet it to me @ashtonstryhard

Thanks babes :)

And if you want me to update 'Memories' then comment on the most recent chapter!

Twitter
@ashtonstryhard

IG
@twerkinstyles