Come Dine With Me

(PHEW THAT WAS A TOUGH CHAPTER, SEEMED TO TAKE ME FOREVER............HOPEFULLY IT WILL NOT DISAPPOINT. ........ THE PICTURE IS JUST FOR YOU JIMBO, YOUR BLONDE LITTLE HOTTIE, AND SHES STILL AS FIREY IN THIS CHAPTER.............ENJOY. :) ............PLEASE VOTE, LIKE TWEET OR WHATEVER, AND HAPPY READING XX)

P O V Kade:-

The panic set in as my body began to sink underneath the water, my body involuntary writhing as the fear grew more intense with each passing second.

I had to calm down, had to try and think rationally, if I was to survive and rescue Ruby.

It was hard, but somehow I managed it, I paused for a second and thought about the situation I was in.

Okay, so my hands were tied behind my back. I had managed to cut through some of the rope while I was on deck, but would it be enough to loosen the rest? I twisted my fingers round, grabbing hold of the stray rope and pulled.

It moved slightly then stuck.

“Damn it,” I thought as I tried again, but this time, along with pulling the rope, I moved my arms backwards and forwards against the binding as well.

The rope moved some more, but not enough to free my hands.

I began writhing again, my lungs starting to feel uncomfortable through lack of air, and then I remembered my legs.

They were free, they hadn't been tied.

I began to kick hard, moving my body backwards and forwards as I did so, until I gradually began to rise.

My head burst through the water and I took in a huge lungful of air, coughing and gasping, my heart feeling as if it were going to explode behind my chest.

No sooner had I taken a breath, then I began to sink again.

I groaned inwardly, not knowing how much longer I could carry on, I was already exhausted and feeling very dizzy through lack of air.

Kicking my legs again, I resurfaced, then lay on my back, using my body as a buoyancy aid. It wasn't perfect as my legs would rise up higher than my head every now and again, causing my head to bob under the water, but at least I could take in air when my head came up.

I even found I could rest a while and reserve my energy.

Once I had gotten used to balancing my body properly, I began to work again at the rope, twisting and pulling at the frayed edge, until eventually my hands broke free.

I let out a long sigh of relief, as my heart began to steady, and I began to breath normally for the first time in five minutes.

Now all I had to do was get a plan in action and save Ruby.

I made my way towards the boat, ducking into the bow as I got there.

Two of the pirates were on deck, and I clenched my teeth in anger, wondering if they were the two that had thrown me overboard.

I tried to make out their conversation, listening carefully for any news on Ruby, but they were talking in whispers, much too low for me to hear.