Christmas Break

<-------------------------------------------------- Vote because.... Erm.... Because the picture's cool and you love me? 

****

The weather turned cold and snow began to fall upon the ground surrounding the school. The students at Hogwarts began to pack as they prepared for their journey home to celebrate the holidays with their families. The bubble of holiday cheer descended on the students and Christmas break was all that they could all talk about. 

"Harry we can't just split up! You know as well as I that the prophecy is coming true, we need to figure it out!" I yelled at him. 

"We can afford a break Hermione, it may be good for us having some time away from this all." Harry persisted indignantly. 

"You mean you want a break to spend more time with Ginny." I retorted angrily. 

"So what if I do Hermione? She's my girlfriend and I want to spend whatever time with her that I can before this comes true." Harry moaned. 

"Wouldn't you rather have time afterwards while were still alive? Which we won't be if we don't figure this out!" I exclaimed. "You survived purely on luck, I don't think that's going to be enough this time." My words mirrored that which I had spoken years before. 

"Hermione we can do this. I just need some time to think and I really would like to go see the Weasley's, especially as Fred died for me last year." Harry whispered quietly. 

Ginny's face convulsed from where she stood next to him. I felt sorry for her and instantly felt bad. 

"I'm sorry Harry." 

"I'll see you after the holidays and we will sit down and figure this all out." He promised me. I smiled weakly through the years that I didn't even know had fallen before he pulled me into a hug. 

He pulled away a moment later and took Ginny's hand before they walked away. I honestly couldn't imagine them both with anyone but each other. Ron joined them a moment later and they all left through the main doors together leaving me alone. 

Sighing I made my way back up the Grand Staircase towards my common room while I mentally-prepared myself for a holiday alone. Harry, Ron and Ginny had gone to stay with the Weasleys. Drake had gone home and Neville and Luna had gone to search for crumple-headed snorkacks. 

That left me completely alone. 

Which is why I was surprised that when I entered the common room to find Drake draped across the couch waiting for me. 

He got to his feet eagerly, racing towards me with his arms outstretched. 

"Come with me." He begged. 

"What?" 

"Come home with me." He confirmed, "Mother agrees as she is eager to meet you." 

"Drake, I don't-" 

"I know this is sudden but it will be better than staying here alone." He pointed out. That was true. 

"Okay." I finally said nodding my head in agreement. "Let me just pack my bags." 

Not long later we were walking down the stairs of the school, our hands entwined, as we began the journey to Draco's house. 

"Won't your father disapprove of me?" I inquired as we walked along the gravel path that led to the main gate. We would leave the school and then teleport to the Malfoy Mansion, Draco had told me earlier. 

"Father isn't around at the moment." 

"Why?" 

"He got arrested after everything that happened last year. They're still waiting to put him on trial."