The Halloween That Changed My Human Life

This is just a Halloween short story about a girl and her boyfriend-mythical creature

i wrote it really fast so sorry if it's bad

Here is what her dress looks like only imagine it shorter- http://magikstock.deviantart.com/art/victorian-dress-full-train-81763411?offset=20

His clothes and a photo of him- HYPERLINK "http://www.flickr.com/photos/langhorns/2233653527/" http://www.flickr.com/photos/langhorns/2233653527/

Shen is a real dragon's name he is known for shape shifting and causing mirages. Source- HYPERLINK "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shen_(clam-monster)" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shen_(clam-monster)

I ran down the steps in my Victorian dress. Then jack kissed my cheek and handed me my bag. I kissed him on his lips and said "Happy Halloween baby."

He said "Happy Halloween to you to my love. I have a surprise for you."

He held out a box. I opened it up and inside was a pearl necklace. I gasp and with awe I said "they're beautiful." He giggled and said "they should be. Their real and very old" if they're real that means they're over 100 dollars and they are old and in perfect condition like these, it means $1,000 or more. I said "I can't accept these. That's too much money." He said "It's been in my family for hundreds of years and now I want to give it to someone I love and can't imagine living with out. Please, I want you to have it."

I kissed him passionately but I wanted more I wanted it all. That's why I rented a hotel room for tonight. I loved him so much. I also couldn't live without him. We were soul mates. For some reason he kept putting it off. Hopefully tonight would be our first time.

We started dating when we were 12 and now were 17. We've been together for 4 and half years. I love him so much and he's such a gentleman.

As we were walking out the door I said "where did you get your costume? It looks like it actually came from the Victorian time period." He laughed and said "that's because it did." I laughed with him.

I know what you're thinking. We're too old to be trick-r-treating but I don't care. I've always gone on Halloween and I don't see the point in not going. I love spending time with jack; dressing up and getting free candy is a bonus.

We went to the houses on my street then continued to others. Now we had a bag full of candy so jack asked "do you want to head home? it's getting late." I said "one more street honey. I also have a surprise for you" he said "ok, sweet heart. Do you want me to carry your bag? It looks heavy." Without waiting for a response he took my bag.

I lead him to the hotel and he looked confused then understanding. I didn't understand because a moment later he looked worried. I opened the door and walked in. he followed me but he looked uncertain, like at any moment a monster was going to jump out and eat him.

I sat on the bed. He put our candy bags on the floor and sat next to me. I said "you don't want to do you" it was a statement not a question. I felt hurt and betrayed. I was thinking- he didn't love me. Almost 5 years with me and he didn't love me. He's told me he loved me over and over again. Was it all an act? Why? Was he hiding something? I wanted, no needed answers.

I was trying so hard not to cry but I couldn't stop a few tear from sliding down my face. I looked up at Jack and he looked like he was deciding something. He was torn between something but I didn't know what. He sighed and whispered passionately "I DO want to. I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you but...but I don't want to trap you." What? I was confused. I said "explain."

That second he was on top of me and kissing me so fiercely with longing. I was afraid. He was kissing me like it would be our last kiss. Would what he say ever make me not want to be with him? Or maybe he had changed his mind and wanted me too.

I took his jacket off and then started undoing the buttons on his shirt. I needed air so I detached from his kiss but he just kissed down my neck. I was breathing hard but managed to gasp "so you... changed...your mind" a single tear slid down his face and hit me. he adjusted himself directly overtop me and rested his forehead against mine. his eyes searched mine then closed. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever.

He broke the silence. In a whisper he said "if I asked you to marry me right here, right now...would you do it?" without hesitation I said "yes" he kissed me then said "good because if we make love you will be bonded to me for eternity. Love, I'm a three thousand year old dragon. My birth name is Shen and I am a shape shifter. The necklace I gave you I made my self in the Ming dynasty. O, um...a few thousand year ago. And ...and....and" he put his head down and hid it in the side of my neck. He said "I'm still me. I will always love you. Even if you don't want to be bonded to me...we can work something out. just please don't leave me."

I've known him for almost 5 years and I never saw the signs. He never aged; he always dropped in out of nowhere, how he was so smart and a gentleman, and he was so old school. I was mad that he didn't tell me sooner but I saw that he was afraid of my reaction. I knew he was not lying or pulling a prank because he never did those things and he wasn't a very good actor. I could read him like a book. For every Halloween and Friday the 13th I've spent with him he's never pulled a prank. Never.

The big question did I love him enough to spend eternity with him?...............................

Thinking......

He said it was like marriage? Yes I would marry him tonight but I knew nothing about dragons. Did I trust him? Yes, with my life without hesitation. I know he will do what's best for me.

I looked in his eyes, telling him I loved him and then rolled over so he was underneath me. I undid the rest of the buttons on his shirt and then kissed down his chest to his stomach then waist. I sat up and put my arms in the air. He knew what I wanted. He unzipped my costume. Slowly he pushed it off. He gave me time to object but I had already made up mind. I loved him, wanted him.

I kissed his tattoo and he said "it's the sign of the dragon. You will get one too.... Are you sure.... Do you really want this" I kissed him and said "I want you now and I want you always." He rolled back on top of me and I took the rest of his close off. He kissed me and it was filled with love but also longing. He was stone hard and I could see his effort to hold back, to prolong this feeling. He didn't want to rush it. Slowly he took the rest of my underwear off. He memorized me with his hands. He was learning my topography. And I did the same, every part of me was molded to him. We were a perfect match.

He positioned himself and I pushed my lips forcefully to his to hold back the pain. But their was none. When we made love it was...new but I felt like we have been doing this for years. I forgot about everything else. It was just me and him and our love. I moaned into his mouth and he shivered and moaned. One last heave and I felt....fire. there is no way to describe it. Then it was over and I was lying in his arms. We didn't fall asleep right away. We stayed up and gave each other stolen kisses. My back and chest started hurting but I fell asleep.

When I woke up I was alone in the hotel room. I got up and went to go to the bathroom. When I tried to get through the door I noticed I had bat, no dragon wings. They looked like giant bat wings. Then I looked down at my naked body. I had the tattoo that ran from my shoulder, down my breasts, and to my waist. Then it curled to my belly button.

I turned sideways to get into the bathroom. I also had to cut my dress to get it back on.

When I got out I wondered where jack was? it has only been a few minutes but I was worrying and starving.

A half hour later he still didn't come so I started walking home. I was crying. He couldn't have left me. Something must be wrong. Ya, that's it, something's wrong. He didn't, couldn't leave me. While I was walking everyone was commenting me on my 'costume'. I was a freak now. This wasn't a costume, this was me.

I was almost to my house when I heard a voice in my head. It was wondering if I liked pancakes better with or without maple syrup. Ok, that is wired. I went to my room and a few minutes later my phone rang and it was jack. I answered the phone and he said "where are you I got back and you weren't here. I... I got you pancakes. You're probably hungry. The........the change does that to you. Where are you?" I whispered "i...I...thought you........left. I'm in room" The line went dead so I hung up the phone. I changed out of my costume and waited for my dragon love, jack, to come.