Chapter 4: Meeting the Host

VOTE/COMMENT please! :D

___________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4: Meeting the Host

            Purgatory. I was confined, ground-bounded, like a bird without wings. I felt strange, a queer sensation creeping along my spine. A bittersweet smell intruding my senses, caressing my weaknesses; those of which I didn’t even know I had.

            I gradually opened my eyes; my vision blurred, images slowly coming to focus. The first thing I realized was that I was lying on a bed; surprisingly comfortable and large. Kirsch red covers were covering my body; all except my face, and its rosy prints were incredibly artistic—all seeming quite expensive.

I managed to get up, my muscles buckling underneath my sudden weight. I sighed and pulled myself together before walking around the room which, to my surprise, was huge. The walls were structured in a way to make the room look rectangular; colored in the deepest of beige and gold shades, making the space seem expensive as it gave it an antique feel. The dark brown colored bed, with giant posts at each corner, stood elegantly in the center of the room; bringing in all the other tiny aspects like a set of curios and whatnot together. Something else caught my eye; no windows—perfect.

Walking towards the door, blocking out anything else that might distract me, I went straight for the doorknob, jiggling it and that ended fruitlessly.

Frustrated, I let out a long sigh; might as well check it place out, I thought.

I continued exploring the room, fully oblivious to the fact that I was kidnapped…again.

As I roamed, I spotted an eerie painting hung on the ceiling perpendicular to the bed, entirely familiar, but I couldn’t seem to understand its familiarity.

The earthly ground, soft yet muddy, clearly defined and spread out thoroughly as if it was forming a blanket for its artwork above. A willow tree centered within and its leaves hanging down with sadness, remorse…but of what? Other pieces of greenery were scattered around until my eyes met with a peak of some sort—just beyond the willow tree, hidden by the unkempt leaves was a hill that resembled a gorge. A disconcerting feel settled inside of me as my vision began blurring.

I heard distant voices; those of laughter and others of broken hearts. Every emotion from within seemed as if it had been summoned all at once, ignited like no other—it was nerve-wrecking feel. I placed a hand on the semi-circular table, containing a glass vase, to prevent myself from falling.

“Are you okay?” a voice broke the internal ruckus. My eyes follow to the source and located it near the door frame. As soon as our eyes met, I could feel my jaw drop. Chiseled brown hair with blond highlights and two ocean deep eyes; a beautiful man with incredible jaw structure was looking at me—his look wholly dubious. He had broad shoulders; look of a man with authority, with power. His complexion made me look like an Egyptian; but he wasn’t pale. A ghostly aura surrounded him and when he caught me ogling his appearance, he vaguely smiled revealing his perfect marble teeth. “Are you?”

I wanted to answer him but I couldn’t. There was something familiar about this man as well. All I could think of was how I hadn’t heard him open the door. The interior noise, somehow occurring in my mind, couldn’t have deafened me from realizing that the door was opening...could it?

Maybe I could make a run for it, I thought, planning each step out mentally.

“Don’t think about it,” the man warned, taking a step forward. “Just answer my question—are you okay?”

 “I—I’m fine,” I answered, taking a step back. The model-like man tilted his head ever so slightly, as if trying to understand something. I didn’t want to lie to him but something about the way he spoke was slightly intimidating. I didn’t know what else to do; he wasn’t exactly making conversation and wasn’t I held captive or something? That’s when I realized that I had nothing more to lose. “Actually no, I’m not fine. Who the hell are you and why am I stuck here?”