Chapter 31

Cover to the right is made by XxRose_ :)

(NOT EDITED)

***

Amanda's POV~

I'll do anything for you because I like you a lot.

That sentence was only eleven words, but to me, it seemed so much more. He sounded so sincere, and his eyes; they held a fire in them that I'd never seen before.

“T-thanks.” Even as I said it, I didn't know if it was the right thing to say. But I couldn't say 'I like you too', because just yesterday night, I told John I wasn't going to jump into his arms. And this shouldn't be any different. So what if he just did the most sweetest thing on earth for me? The deal wasn't done yet, so I can't give in. Not yet.

He looked a bit sadden by my response, but his joyful expression came back when I took the flower from his hands, smiling.

“You're welcome,” he said, giving me a big grin. “Like I said before, I'll do anything for you.” He gave me a wink, and then pointed his finger behind him. “So, um . . . want to hit the books now?”

Ignoring his playful wink, I shook my head. “Sure, but before that, mind telling me how you even got all of this together in one night?” There's no way he could have done all of that by himself in such a short period of time. He had to get help. And that help had to be Danny. He was the only person that came to mind that actually didn't mind helping John out once in awhile.

“I didn't have any help . . .” His tone wavered, as his eyes drifted off from me, looking at the stack of books behind him. By that simple act, I could tell he was lying.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. “Right,” I said in a sarcastic tone. I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for him to give in and tell me the truth.

“Fine,” he concluded ten seconds later, breaking down under my intense gaze. “I had help. I asked a few buddies of mine if they could tape some of the sticky notes for me, but they all wanted their precious sleep,” he said the last bit in an annoyed tone. “So, in the end I dragged Danny out of bed.”

I shook my head, laughing softly under my breath. Typical John. “Of course,” I said, blowing a piece of my hair out of my face. Tucking it behind my ear, I gave him the look. Why did I even think for one split second that he had done all of this by himself even though I knew Danny had helped too?

“He only helped with the big arrow!” John added in, defending himself, when he saw my face. He probably read my thoughts. “I did everything else. I even had to get permission from some of the teachers to allow me to decorate on their building.”

“How did you even persuade them in the end?” I asked overlooking his outburst, a bit curious. To put it nicely, most of the teachers in the building, weren't that 'nice'. They wouldn't give in just like that. People always wanted something in the end.

He smirked. “Let's just say, I owe them something 'big'.”

If I had to guess, John promised them top scores so it would make them stand out as 'good' teachers, and an extravagant present on the side for them. And knowing John, he would achieve that just fine. He may not look like it, but he had always topped the charts in exam weeks, just like his sister. And getting something worth the price wasn't hard either. He was an Ace after all.

“What about Danny?”

“What about him?” John questioned, as his brow arched down in bewilderment.

“Don't you owe him anything for helping you?” I asked, placing my hands on my hips. Even though they're friends and all, Danny should at least get something in return. I mean, they had to of gotten up quite early for this. Which equals no sleep for either of them and this week was crucial.