Chapter Two

Chapter Two

When I woke up I could hear the guys messing around in the back. I could hear Jake and Embry messing around in the kitchen. After about five minutes I got up and shut my door. I put on my sweats and a tank top. Finally after I was dressed I went to the kitchen and got a bowl of cereal. Jake was the first one to say anything to me, “Good morning, sleeping beauty,” Jake finished his sentence and laughed Embry laughed too.

“Good morning, early bird,” I said to Jake then Embry started laughing. I smiled and looked at Jake seriously.

“Good morning, mini Jake,” Quill said as he walked through the front door.

“Good morning, Quill. Hey Jake, did Billy go fishing with Charlie?” I asked this because I hadn’t seen Billy since I left last night and because Charlie Swan is one of our family’s friends.

“Yeah, you know Billy alright. Always has to hang out with the girl I love’s dad,” Jake said this and he sounded kind of sad. I knew exactly which girl he was talking about. Her name is Isabella Swan I mean Cullen, but we all call her Bella for short. Jake was in love with this girl.

“Jake, it is ok. There are plenty of other fish in the sea,” I told Jake this because everyone knows that Bella is in love with our enemy and because Jake and Edward always fight. Edward Cullen is the one Bella loves.

“I know it is, Josie. Who wants to go cliff diving?” Jake asked this because we all love cliff diving. We all raised our hands and I was the first one out the door. I knew exactly where the cliff we jump off of was at. Jake was right after me; everyone turned into their wolf forms besides me and ran through the forest I could run as fast as them sometimes faster even for a human. When they are in their wolf forms they have to be careful what they think about because the whole pack could hear each other’s thoughts. Everyone heard what Embry was thinking of and I was embarrassed because he was thinking about me and Jake was thinking that Embry better get his thoughts under control or else he would have to deal with Jake. Weird thing is that I wasn’t thinking about anything besides cliff diving. Quill was thinking that Embry is a retard and needs better control over his thoughts. Jake was the first of the guys there.

“Hey, how did you beat us here?” Jake asked because he or one of the other guys got there first.

“Well, I was only thinking about cliff diving so I would focus on getting here and not on my thoughts,” I answered Jake.

“Oh, I guess that explains it.”

“Yeah,” I said this as the rest of the guys showed up. I was the first one to jump off the cliff, and then Jake jumped off after me. Embry jumped after Quill and Quill jumped after Jake. We splashed each other and Embry and Jake were dunking each other. I screamed right before Quill dunked me, the sad part is I couldn’t get back out of the water and I couldn’t breathe. Finally I passed out because the lack of air. It wasn’t Quill’s fault, he wasn’t the reason I couldn’t get up to the surface. Right after Quill dunked me he let me go and I couldn’t get out from under the water. A few minutes passed and someone was pulling me to the shore. It was Embry because Jake started fighting with Quill. Embry didn’t have to give me CPR because I woke up right as we got to the shore. I got up and walked over to Jake and Quill. “Stop fighting! Jake, he let me go right after he got me under the water. I couldn’t get back to the surface. It felt like someone was holding me down, it felt like they were pulling on my feet,” I explained to Jake. After he thought it through he had me sit down and he looked at my ankles. My ankles had a hand print around them.

“I’m sorry, Quill. I thought it was your fault but it wasn’t one of us,” The way Jake said us was scary then I realized that it was one of the blood suckers that did it. It wasn’t one of the Cullen’s. Surprisingly Jake took me to the Cullen’s house to talk with Carlisle. Carlisle looked at the now bruised spot on my ankles and he said that it was a blood sucker that we never found out about; it must be a member of the Volturi or a new born. After we were done at the Cullen’s we got in Jake’s car and he said that no one can go cliff diving anymore. We all were upset but it was for the best so no one could get hurt or possible killed. When we got home Billy and Charlie were there. Billy saw my ankles and didn’t say anything. Charlie looked at me and grinned.