Phil- the aftermath

Some swearing (not that it really matters about the warning but I thought I'd be nice incase you don't like that kind of stuff)

I awoke to Dan whispering urgently and shaking my shoulders.

“Phil, Phil! Wake the hell up! You have to get out of here!” I heard him whispering desperately.

“What?” I mumbled and buried my head in the pillow. My head was pounding and I had no recollection of what happened the night before. Then the thought suddenly struck me.

I had slept with Dan.

I rolled over and snuck a glance at Dan, he was just pulling up his jeans and I knew that I was right.

“You need to get the hell out of bed! Katie’s here. Get dressed and hide in the bathroom or something!”

“Okay, will do Dan.” I quickly rolled out of the bed and started buttoning up my shirt. Once I was fully dressed again, I snuck into the bathroom and locked the door. I heard the door to the hotel room open and Katie’s voice filled the room.

“Morning love, I brought you some breakfast,” I could hear the smile in her voice and I suddenly regretted sleeping with Dan. No wait, I didn’t regret it, I regretted the fact that I was too nervous to burst out of the bathroom and tell her that Dan was mine and only mine!

“Thank you darling!” I heard Dan kiss her cheek. A rush of fury pulsed through me and I reached for the door handle, but quickly put my hand firmly to my side again. I couldn’t bring myself to tell her, I’d leave that up to Dan. I then heard her make her way into Dan’s room and place something on the dresser which was directly next to the bathroom door. I stopped breathing. She wouldn’t come into the bathroom, would she? I backed away towards the corner of the bathroom and held my breath.

“Thankyou so much for the breakfast darling and I don’t want to sound rude, but would you mind leaving and coming back in an hour or so? I have a few phone calls and stuff to make,” Dan said.

“Oh yeah that’s fine love, could you just bring everything back to the reception once you’re done for me?”

“Of course I will, see you later.” I heard Dan kiss her quickly and then the door closed and the bathroom door was reopened.

“Phil, you need to get out, now!” Dan rushed me out of the bathroom.

“Aren’t you going to tell her?”

“Tell her what? That I did the stupidest thing ever and slept with a guy that I hate? No I don’t think so Phil are you completely dumb. Oh wait, yes you are. Now get the fuck out of my room and don’t even bother coming back with alcohol because I’ll just tell you to fuck off.”

“D-Dan, but you said you loved me,” I whimpered and tried to hold onto his shirt.

“Get off me Phil, just forget it, I lied. Everyone always lies and it was my turn. I. Fucking. Lied. Now get out!” Dans hand made harsh contact with my face and I instantly held my hand to my throbbing cheek and tears rolled down my cheeks.

“I just, I’m sorry Dan. I’m sorry.”